Friday 7 August 2015

Book Review : Destroyed by Stacy Claflin (Transformed #7)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Destroyed

Author: Stacy Claflin

Publication Date: 8 April, 2015

Publisher:        -   

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:



Eylin is tired of being told what to do and where to go. She has already transformed into her full powers, embodying new gifts - and secrets - that her parents never dreamed possible. The more they shelter her, the more eager she is to get away and see the world.

A plague has broken out and is now affecting those under their rule. Out of fear, Eylin’s parents hold her even tighter. Unable to take it any longer, she flees. But having no experience with the outside world, she doesn’t know who is an enemy and who isn’t. She stumbles upon fierce enemies of old, not recognizing them as such.

She must learn to use her powers, or have them used against her before not only her life is in danger, but the lives of everyone she loves.
 


My Thoughts:


Hi everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Even though just this Tuesday I was saying that I will not be reviewing the next books in Transformed series, because I didn’t have them, here it is! I contacted the author and she agreed to give me a copy for an honest review. And hopefully next week or so I will have the 8th book read and reviewed too. But I already have a surprise planned for you in Tuesday. You just have to wait patiently. But now let me get back to the story.

There were some things that I would have loved to read more about, but nevertheless the book is great. It is very fast paced. I can even say too fast paced. If you ask me it ‘s amazing but at the same time it just intrigued me so much with the whole vampire hunters and the plague. And that’s what it was it just intrigued… we get to finally read the book in only Eylin’s POV, and it’s great. I really supported her running away to the carnival and having fun. Come on, she actually got some useful into, but then again she might have dies. Appearance of Ana as a new character is great and I really liked her, tough it’s still a mystery why Eylin was Rodrick in her, but let’s put this away for some time.

You can call me annoying for linking descriptions, ut I would have really enjoyed to red what Eylin looked like in a dragon form. I have a hard time imagining her as she is, and I have so little information about her in the dragon form. Another thing that shocked me was how fast Alre and Alexis and all the inner circle vampires came to terms of Eylin being a hybrid, and even with her liking a dragon. Too fast! I would have thought that at least Alre would have thrown a fit. But it’s going relativey smoothly.

Another thing was with Blake, his whole like in this book was too undeveloped. It was like getting rid of him, so nothing stands in between of Eylin and Darius. Call me a sucker for details, but I love when everything is explained or at least hinted. However, you can’t say I didn’t enjoy this book. I mean I finished it it 2 and half-hours. And I didn’t want it to finish, especially with the new dangers lurking nearby; the next books are going to be fantastic. And I really want some action between Eylin and Darius. Their wedding is going to be epic.

I hope you’ll grab your copy soon and will enjoy it as much as I did. Don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t accidentally miss you next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment