Tuesday 18 August 2015

Book Review : Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter (Shadow Falls #2)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Awake at Dawn 

Author: C.C. Hunter 

Publication Date: October 11, 2011

Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin 








Summary:


Step into the world of Shadow Falls, a camp that helps teens tap into their special... talents. Once you visit, you’ll never forget it—and you’ll never, ever be the same.

From the moment Kylie Galen arrived at Shadow Falls Camp, she’s had one burning question: What am I? Surrounded by vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, fairies and witches, Kylie longs to figure out her own supernatural identity…and what her burgeoning powers mean. And now she’ll need them more than ever, because she’s being haunted by a new spirit who insists that someone Kylie knows—and loves—will die before the end of the summer. If only she only knew who she was supposed to save. And how...

But giving Kylie the most trouble is her aching heart. Gorgeous werewolf Lucas left camp with another girl, but he’s still visiting Kylie in her dreams. And Derek, a sexy half Fae who’s always been there for her when she needed him, is pushing to get more serious—and growing impatient, especially when Lucas returns. Kylie knows she needs to decide between the boys, and it’s tearing her up inside.

Yet romance will have to wait, because something from the dark side of the supernatural world is hiding in Shadow Falls. It’s about to threaten everything she holds dear... and bring her closer to her destiny.
 


My Thoughts:


Hi everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! As promised I’m continuing with covering C.C. Hunters’ Shadow Falls series on the blog. There’s going to be a small intermission, as I will cover book in another series. Now let me return to the book itself, I enjoy reading C.C. Hunter’s books, no matter how exhausted or moody I am, as soon as I start reading her books, my exhaustion flies out of the window, and my mood gets better as soon as I read the bickering of Miranda and Della. First of all their fights seems so natural, that sometimes when I’m too lost in the book I even hear with what voices they would be shouting at each other.

However, no matter how much I love both Della and Miranda and I’m series there, I really love those two, seriously wished I had friends like that, I still love Kylie’s character the most. Maybe because I find a lot of characteristics that I wished I had. Though I had her as my role model as soon as I first rad the book. Why? That’s pretty easy. I love her sarcastic side, though it’s better in Della, what I love in her is her level headiness. I’ve been trying to nurture this in me for 5 years, but I’m still one hot-tempered person. I love tis side of myself, but sometimes my temper gets the best of me. I’m like Della; I get pissed and sty for a long time.

Okay enough with my character, back to the story. This time Kylie gets to unfurl many of her hidden talents, we are even given lots of hints on what she might be, but we are still kept in the dark. We also get to see the trouble in paradise both in Kylie’s and Miranda’s relationship. But the trouble is still there as we finish the book and I guess if you haven’t read the series yet it’s that time! Time to align with the teams. I say this right now. I’m team Lucas, I know he’s not as good with the whole secret thing, but I like him, I like him a lot. I don’t care of everyone thinks of him as a jerk right now, but I just love him.

Another great thing? Yep, the villain made appearance and I’m thrilled because it’s going to be great from now on. Are you up for the 2nd book? Grab your copy now and enjoy it to the fullest. Don’t forget to share your thoughts below! But don’t spoil the next book. I’m trying hard not do that. And you know me ad spoiler love each other immensely. Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment