Monday 3 August 2015

Manga Review : You Can't Disappear from Me by Saki Aikawa




Title: You Can't Disappear from Me 
Original Title: Boku Kara Kimi Ga Kienai
Author: Saki Aikawa
Artist: Saki Aikawa

Year of Release: 2008
Genres: Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo 

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 23
Volumes & Chapters: 4

Volume 1 Chapters 1-5.5      Volume 3 Chapters 12-17.5
Volume 2 Chapters 6-11       Volume 4 Chapters 18-23

Mangafox – Goodreads

Summary


Hotaru managed to get in the same high school where Haruna-sensei teaches to see him again! However, on her first day there, she meets a very unpleasant guy who looks just like her beloved sensei...?

My Thoughts


Review covers 23 chapters 

Hello everyone! Welcome back to Katie’s Corner. Today I have another manga by Saki Aikawa. It is also one of my favourites. This time we see more of both characters, but then again there are 23 chapters, and of course the character development is much better and longer then in other ones. I’m not saying that the other ones were lacking, but come on, here it was just perfect. There was more of characters.

The story seems simple at a first glance, but the more you get into it, the more complicated it seems. The very first time I read Saki Aikawa’s works I didn’t pay attention to it, but when I read them for the 3rd time I found that the characters look a look a lot like other characters of her works. In the beginning I was like: “Is Kakeru just a grown up Takuma from ”in love with you”?” I mean they are so similar. But let’s get back to the story otherwise you’ll be wondering who Kakeru is.

Yes, this face is something that i love a lot.
Kousuke's best expession

Well, meet our heroine – Hotaru. She applied to as particular high school only because her beloved is there. Who is that person? Meet Kakeru Haruna, a high school teacher. Nope, I didn’t make any mistakes there. He really is a teacher. But do not worry, the relationship will be between Hotaru and Kekeru’s bother – Kousuke. I’m not making sense am I? It really is not that easy to explain the situation. Hotaru liked Kakeru, Kousuke likes Hotaru and I didn’t really understand but I guess Kakeru also likes Hotaru. Super twisted. In the end Hotaru finds herself liking Kousure. And there will be the whole problem with why she actually fell in love with Kakeru at the first place. Long story short, just read the story and you’ll understand everything in a blink of an eye.

You will love thins amazing love story a lot. It has many fun, but at the same time heartbreaking moments. As always the main guy character frustrated me a lot because of his stupidity. Who in his right mind goes to rescue his ex-girlfriend, when your current one is waiting on a roof for you to celebrate her birthday? Yep, you’ll see this happening in this story. But then if the main character had been different, the story wouldn’t have been the same.

I hope you’ll find some time to read this great story. You’ll love it immensely and will have a lot of fun. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more reviews and promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book. Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment