Friday 14 August 2015

Book Review : Transcend by Stacy Claflin (Transformed #8)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Transcend 

Author: Stacy Claflin

Publication Date: 28 May, 2015

Publisher:   - 

Goodreads – Amazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:



Eylin is hiding in the underground city from the group of ancients who want her dead, but she’s not safe even there. On the other side of some massive tunnels, an unknown group is systematically removing magic from each underground city. 

As pressure mounts, Eylin has big decisions to make, and each could have deadly consequences. After being personally attacked, she makes a bold decision, and goes after it with the hopes of saving those she loves. 

She becomes deeply invested in an ancient culture. If she gets too close, she could put all of her loved ones at risk. 

(If you haven't read the rest of the series, you can try Deception (#1) for free.)


My Thoughts:


Hi, guys welcome back to Katie’s Corner! I have a surprise for you today! Yep, yep, it’s the 8th book in the Transformed series, and I’ll be reviewing the 9th book soon too, either it will go out on Tuesday or on Friday. Depends on my mood, but enough with my blabbing and let me get back to the book!

It was great! Though I do not have some minor concerns and those are because I’m a detail-oriented person who just loves villain masterminds! However, the book is great, we get to meet some new characters, some old ones will appear, and I apologize foe my last review statement as one character will still stand between Eylin and Darius. You might guess, who it is, but is appearance on the best page of the book will just make you first shocked and afterwards mad. In the need you’ll be curious as to what’s going to happen next! Saying from personal experience here!

We get to see a lot of Ana, and if you ask me, the girl is annoying, but she has her charm as well. Now for my detail oriented min first of all the idea of Ancients and Barbarians was awesome, but it was played not that greatly. Let me explain now! The motif behind barbarians attacks was only once mentioned and their race or everything was as if overlooked. They defeated the dragons with no problem, but we still did not get to know who they actually where. With Ancients it’s absolutely different story. If you ask me, they were defeated too easily maybe, there was no amazing mastermind there. Come on, they need a great villain there to lean them, but nope, we didn’t get him. Also the whole: because-you’re-abomination-that’s-why-you-better-be-dead motif was a bit too much of a cliché. I’m thinking that if Stacy expands the Ana’s illness line, it will be pretty awesome. I think there’s going to be something super intriguing in her blood.

Overall, the book is awesome. We get to see a lot of action, some mystery and an amazing cliffhanger at the need. I’m getting ready for a 9th book, buying some sour candies and lots of read orange juice. I hope you’ll enjoy this book to your heart’s contact and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned to my blog for more reviews as well as promos! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:






No comments:

Post a Comment