Wednesday 4 September 2013

Review : Boundless by Cynthia Hand (Unearthly #3)

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Boundless

Author:  Cynthia Hand

Publication Date:  22nd January 2013

Publisher:  HarperTeen

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble







Summary:


The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonising low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfil her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.

My Thoughts:


I really didn't have any expectations, why? First because I had nearly no time, to read any other people's reviews, any summary. I just blindly bought the whole series, and was really thanking myself that I loved the series so much. But of course I wanted the book end how I wanted it to end meaning Clara + Tucker = Forever,  never mind Christian!!!!! 

This book, sucked me in no time, and it was really good, and really deep in the romance. I always knew that Clara's and Tucker love was the one which could conquer it all, but to see it in action, that was something really breathtaking. And how Cynthia maintains the meaning of Home, that's something, I have never understood the meaning:
You are my home
Maybe, because I have never loved, but, yeah, maybe that's it, but with this book, I did, I really understood how it was, that's Clara's home was Tucker. I mean, I guess true love, sometimes is everything for them. The first time Clara travels into the barn, and sees Tucker, that's really something. and every time she travels there. The best scene, of course was how she came to the rodeo, and saw Tucker with another girl, and thought that it was time to move on, to move on to your "destiny" aka Christian. But I think it's time to discuss the minor characters, and leave the main ones to the reader.

First I would like to say some words on Cynthia's Hell. That was something, but not all that good, I have read descriptions of Hell from many authors and I think even if Cynthia's Hell was really creative, it lacked something, or maybe it was just me.

Jeffrey, Clara's brother, the brat he was in the first book, the brat he is in the last one too. I seriously can't understand him, why can't he just don't hold that grudge on Clara for moving them to Wyoming, but really, his purpose was there too, and why couldn't he just talk to her? She told him everything or nearly everything, but he knew her purpose, or at least her visions. And always finding himself in idiotic situations, that's something not new, but now dragged to hell, and being again a crappy brother, that's I guess never ending.

I guess, I can't say much without spilling even more, and I don't really want to tell you everything, I just want you to experience it all, and after have your own thoughts on it, and not reading the book and saying: huh, where is that thing I read on that review". That's why I will finish this review, but first something I just want you to imagine, and after to judge Clara ( if you will judge her decisions, I never did ). Imagine, finding your true love, and being told that your destiny is another person. Imagine, that you have to let go your true love, because it is better for him, and to try to build the new relationship with you "destiny". and now imagine that you can't do it, that your True Love, is True True, and you can't live without that person, what would you have done, fought for your love of the life, or get along with what God thought was best for you? I would have fought, and so did Clara, what would have you done?  It'll be great if you answer this question with your heart and not mind, and write your answers in comment bar, thank you. Enjoy, and Happy Reading!!! :)) 

Rating:


Characters  5/5
Writing        5/5
Cover          4/5
Plot              5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment