Thursday 12 September 2013

Review : Need by Carrie Jones (Need #1)

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Need

Author: Carrie Jones

Publication Date: 23th December 2008

Publisher: Bloomsbury

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble





Summary:


Pain shoots through my head. Fireworks. Explosions. All inside my brain. The white world goes dark and I know what's about to happen.


Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.

My Thoughts:


I don't even remember why in the first place I bought this book! I never was a big fan of Fairies ( except Shadow Falls and Cassie Clare's fairies, and maybe Aprillyne Pike's too,) and Pixies???? WTH is a pixie? I remember them from watching ( when I was 12 )  Winx club and there were this little fairies called pixies. And so I guess I just thought that okay I don't have anything to read why not read this book. So I read it, and kill me. I always try to make the book to the end, just to know how it ended. And I made it to the end, telling myself WTH I am reading??? 

The book is about Zara White who collects Phobias. Her mother shipped her of to grandmother, and all the "fun" happens at this small town. She meets Nick, Issie and Devyn, she falls in love with Nick, and blah, blah, blah. 

As I have already said I just finished the book because I was just curious, It took me 4 days to read it, and that's like Wow, when I like the book I read it in one or two days max. I wanted to throw the book across the room, but as I mostly read at night, my parents would have killed me for waking them up. And I love books too much to throw them. Back to the point! Zara White isone of the girl characters who I wanted to kill, not only her every character in the book actually, maybe not Betty ( Zara's granny ), and maybe not... Seriously I can't find a favourite character in this book... Zara's mother is one plain stupit, who in the name of scence will ship off her half-pixie daughter to the place where her biological father's residence is? Huh? Right not in her mind mother! Now to the "Daddy", seriously dude, you are an awful parent: "Zara.. Come to me... Come to me..." And that was your parantage??? I don't know but why not to try normal aproach, like : "Hi, I am your bilogical dad, wanna ice-cream??" Or "hi Zara, you look so much like your mom, I am a family friend, wanna cup of coffee?" Anything but no, he has to be super creepy. And his explanation is : "there is this super need, so i have to be creepy, in order to lure you to me, to make to a pixie, so i will be again the allmighty pixie king, wanna be a pixie??"

The whole romance was .... No words, and seriously was Zara an idiot? She believed in no times in existence of pixies, but when she sees Nick and not a dog on her sofa she is asking this super dumb question over and over again : " and where is the dog?" Really Zara, pixies are real and you have not seen them, and here is a live werewolf and you don't believe. 

I think I have to stop with this, or I may really expload. But I just wanted to say that even thiugh I didn't like the boom, doesn't mean you won't too. So Happy Reading! If anyone will read this after my thoughts on it. But really give it a try just to know if it is your book, it definately wasn't mine. :)) don't forget to leave comments. I will really appreciate it. Thanx :)) 

Rating:


Characters    2/5
Writing          1/5
Cover             1/5
Plot                1/5



No comments:

Post a Comment