Thursday 30 July 2015

Manga Review : You Are My Home by Ai Fujio




Title: You Are My Home
Original Title: Kyou Mo Uchi de Machi Awase
Author: Ai Fujio
Artist: Ai Fujio

Year of Release: 2013
Genres: Romance, Shoujo

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 4

Volumes & Chapters: 

Volume 1 Chapters 1-4


Summary

After a fire, a middle-aged man meets a homeless single mother and her daughter at the convenience store. He is instantly reminded of someone he used to know over a decade ago. Could it be...?

My Thoughts


Review covers 4 chapters 


Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I’m covering another sweet story that made me laugh and smile thought every page of it. I think I’ve read this story more than 5 times. I really love Fujio Ai’s works and next month I’ll be covering another one. Why I love hthis story so much? To say the truth it’s not all that easy to explain. The story is amazing in many ways. It is very real and very sweet. The way Fujio Ai draws characters is great, but the outdoors is also good to look at.

Even though there are only 4 chapters, we get to see a lot of character development, especially Kou. The way he first appears and how he changes though out the story is fun. In the very beginning he does look like a 31-year-old divorcee, but when he shaves and cuts his hair it’s as if e lost 7-8 years. He looks so young. The way his whole family was obsessed with big breasts, and touched Hina cracked me up. Hina is also another great character, which changes a lot during the story. It was a big step for her to depend on Kou and it was shown very well, that sometimes it’s hard for people to depend on others. She is an amazing mother nevertheless. And lastly Minami, on the beginning I thought she was a boy, but then Kou made some clarifications, so my assumptions were wrong. Minami is the best character there. She is an amazing kid, and I wish all kids were like her, but as my friend pointed it out to me, she’s a fictional character, no matter how realistic she might seem, she is still a character.

There are many topics that this story covers. There are family relationships, mother x daughter, etc. but I really liked one where Hina tells Minami not to go near Kou when he is smoking. This moment is just too much fun, but at the same time it stresses a good point.


What I also liked was the indirect way Kou asked Hina to marry him or well, live with him. He surrendered his cigarettes and held both of Hina’s and Minami’s hands. In the end we just get to see Minami after some years going to Kou’s house, but we do not see the family itself. In most cases I hate it, but here it was simply amazing! You just have to think for yourself, imagine if they have a new member of the family. It’s up to you. Though I do think they would have.

I hope you’ll get 20 minutes tops to read this great story. You will enjoy it a lot, well, I did. Stay tuned to Katie’s Corner for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss yours next favourite book or manga! Happy reading and don’t forget to share your thoughts below!

XOXO

Katie 

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment