Friday 24 July 2015

Book Review : Elite by Kiera Cass (Selection #2)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Elite

Author: Kiera Cass

Publication Date: 23 April, 2013

Publisher: Harper Teen







Summary:



The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.


My Thoughts:


Time to review the second book has come! Yes after a week or so, I’m reviewing the second book in the Selection series. I finally understand why this book is gaining so much popularity. I really made myself stop as soon as I finished the book so I could write a decent review without overlapping with the next book.

First of all, the second book has so many shocking events that I just wanted to rip somebody, but well no can do. Another thing is that finally somebody voiced my idea about the rebels; they’re there for books! Thank you America, at least someone got brains there. But well, her final presentation made my heart race; it was inevitable that the king would become harsh after she nonchalantly stated: “Abolish Castes!” okay, she didn’t say abolish, but you get my drift all right.

We get to see a lot of Maxon, and most of the times he is not all that good. He really shocks me in so many places that I even signed out of TEAM Maxon. But thankfully everything did end well, okay not really all that well, we finally see the real royal family. We get to know the “Dark side” as it is called, thought there are many more secrets to unravel. The Selection was very interesting, and having less people it got even more exciting. The ball and the projects were amazing.

I don’t know about you, but I enjoyed this book a lot. It gave me hope as well as it intrigued me too much. I wanted to start the third book as soon as I finished this one, but I knew that I wouldn’t be able to write this review. Though it’s not really going all that great. I’m absolutely looking forward to seeing America’s best behaviour. The third book is going to be amazing. But before I review the third book, I will review the short novellas of this series. Hope it will be interesting for you. I hope you’ll enjoy it to the fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga. Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment