Friday 31 July 2015

Book Review: Duplicity by Stacy Claflin (Transformed #5)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Duplicity

Author: Stacy Claflin

Publication Date: 8 June, 2014

Publisher:  -

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:



This is the fifth book in the series, but is written so that a new reader can start here. 
*This description contains spoilers from the earlier books in the series.* 


Alrekur Vidarsson had to wait three thousand years to finally fall in love. He spent two thousand years searching for her, but then she found him, awaking him from death. 

Unfortunately, she was engaged to another, and Alrekur had to wait another eighty years. Finally, he won her over and they got their happily ever after...except that it won't be that easy. 

The birth of their daughter has awakened the entire dragon species, who had been sleeping since before Alrekur was born. The dragons have their sights set on Alrekur's family, and they'll stop at nothing to get what they want, not caring if they destroy everyone he loves in the process.


My Thoughts:



Hi everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Have you missed this series? Yes, Stacy Claflin’s Transformed Series are back on my blog. I’m absolutely not in tune with the releases as it’s already time for the 9th book to release, and I just finally got time to read the 5th book. Hopefully, I’ll catch up pretty soon. I really need to do that. But let me get back to the review. If you noticed I don’t have reviews for the 3rd and 4th books, and I doubt I’ll have in the near future. So let me say where we were left in the end of the 4th book.

You do remember that Alexis chose Alrekur in the very end, and they defeated the Nokken, they even had a wedding, and so I thought: “what else should there be?” but then I get this book from Stacy and I’m like: “Wow, there’s gotta be more!” And there is, as now our favourite characters are faced with a new threat – Dragons. Add to the chaos that these news brought that our characters have no idea how to kill them. So how to battle them, when they kidnapped King’s and Queens’s first born? Don’t worry they survive, but I’m not spilling secrets here, better to read them for yourself! As the mystery is very well protected.

To say the truth the dragons were great characters, but their full form description was lacking in many ways. I mean, I didn’t really see them in front of me, and I always loved Stacy’s works for the vividness that she brings in her novels. But well, we are left with even more secrets to unravel, and that’s why we have so many books coming. I guess Duplicity is something like an intermission because as I know in the next books the main character is Eylin. Guess time for Alexis and Alre to step down from the main characters position has come. But depending from the last chapter, we are going to have a lot of fun as well as action. I’m all intrigued to start the next books.

You haven’t read this series? Hee?? You’re missing a great vampire novel here! And I meat it, no sparkling just some hardcore bloodsucking. Check out my reviews for previous books: Fallen, Deception and Betrayal. I hope you’ll grab your copy now, as the first book is currently free! Don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment