Friday 17 July 2015

Book Review : Circulus de Potentia by Jim West (Magicae Mathematica #2)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Circulus de Potentia

Author: Jim West

Publication Date: 27 June, 2015

Publisher: - 

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


A festival in Nosaj’s honor has been interrupted by a mysterious challenger wearing the Circulus de Potentia, a band of gold that gives him unstoppable strength and power. One by one the Guardians fall and a race is on for Alex to go find the wizard with a secret regarding the curious symbol on the golden band. Finding this peculiar wizard named Pythagoras wouldn't be such a daunting task if it wasn't for the packs of wolves that roam the forest and a maze she and her friends will have to solve as well as a riddle fashioned by Daedalus himself. What awaits Alex in the Forest of Factors? Can Archimedes solve the equation in time? Can the Guardians stop this invincible challenger? 

A symbol unknown, a riddle unsolved, a maze guarded by a monster, a race against time to find the secrets of the Circulus de Potentia and the most precious thing in the world.

My Thoughts:


Hello, guys and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have a sequel to the book that I’ve reviewed back in February – Libellus de Numerus. To say the truth when I  was contacted by the author to review the 2nd book I was astonished as I have forgotten that there had to be a sequel. I was really happy when I got it.

I enjoyed this book a lot. In the beginning I thought it would be like a prequel, because for 4 or 5 so chapters there was no word aboutAlex. I got a bit sad, but it was great to know why Demetrius hated the council so much, it’s still a mystery why Diades hates the council so fiercely. This time we get to see a lot of Alex, Nosaj, Maya and Mad. This time it’s time for their adventure. They have to overcome the hurdles together, and they need to forget about their hatred towards Nosaj, as they can only make it together, no exceptions.

In this book we get to meet a lot of new characters, okay maybe not really a lot, but all of them are very interesting and eccentric, that goes for Pythagoras. I liked hi and wanted to slap him at the same time. We also get to see some Greek myths, particularly the maze! Yeah, the one with minotaur. I liked that the book was fast paced, it sucked me in and I didn’t want to stop reading but I did have a small problem. You may not agree with me, but they defeated the challengers too fast and too unexpectedly. It may be me, but I absolutely lost the moment as to what Archimedes did to break the circle on the guy’s head.

This time we get to see more of councilman Ethan, and if in the previous book I had a small hope for the person, he absolutely degraded in my eyes during this one. Calculating jerk, who only wants to rule, I nearly want to see how his plans crumble, but well I don’t think that may happen, but I’m really impressed with Nosaj’s and Maya’s line. Are we seeing love there? If yes, I want a bit more, but well the way the book is now, it doesn’t really need pink colors, thought that may be good for Nosaj’s character. He drove me crazy!

Overall the book is a great sequel to the first one, maybe even better the first book. I again remembered my childhood when I loved maths, I was shouting the value of pi through out the book. I hope you will take up this book nevertheless of your age it will give you some food for mind. I’m waiting for the third book! Enjoy it to the fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment