Tuesday 7 July 2015

Book Review : Selection by Kiera Cass (Selection #1)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Selection

Author: Kiera Cass

Publication Date: 4 April, 2012

Publisher: Harper Teen 







Summary:



For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


My Thoughts:



Hi everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I am covering a book, which I’ve been putting aside from the day it was published. I remember seeing it being recommended to me, I came across this book on the majority of my friends’ blogs, but somehow I guess at that time I was head over heels with the supernatural stuff, so this book got outcasted from my mind. But because this book was still figuring on all social medias one day I just gave up and read the first chapter in the bookstore. As you can guess, next day I had all four books on my tablet, and I already started whining to get the 5th book.

For those who are like me from 2 weeks ago, meaning still doubting whether to read this book or not, READ IT!!! You’ll love it a lot. Even if you hate reality TV shows, I hate them and it was one of the reasons I’ve been putting this book aside. But during reading these 300 or so pages I didn’t get the feel of the reality TV. I was looking forward to the whole paparazzi and secret cameras but no, I actually enjoyed it. The cameramen didn’t really get my attention as much as I thought they would.

I really enjoyed Kiera’s writing style. It didn’t bore me; on the contrary it was light, fast-paced and sucked me in, in no time at all. I liked all characters, thought I would have loved to see more of some of them, but I guess that’s why there are 4 more books. Character that disappointed me a lot was Aspen. He was the one who told America to sign up for the Selection and then he dumped her. If you think of Maxon as the bad guy who breaks those two apart, as soon as you read about him, I don’t know about you, but I was so team Maxon. I was elated when America told aspen to leave her alone, because she was with Maxon. Though I still doubt she came to her senses that she did fall in love with the guy. But her jealousy is so cute!

There are still a lot of secrets that I am really interested in. especially in those Northeners and Southeners, and I hope that my curiosity will be rewarded in the next books. This one really does leave us hanging to want to know more. If you have already read this series, please share what you thought about it. And if you have yet to start it, well finish whatever you’re reading now and get this one right away! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to comment your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. I’ll post the reviews for the next books soon. Don’t miss your next favourite book! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment