Thursday 9 July 2015

Manga Review : My Master is a Demon by Kaji Eiri



Title: My Master is a Demon 
Original Title: Kainushi wa Akuma
Author: Kaji Eiri
Artist: Kaji Eiri

Year of Release: 2012
Genres: Romance, Fantasy, Historical, Shoujo

Status: Ongoing
Chapters (Translated in English): 10.2
Volumes & Chapters: 

Volume 1 Chapters 1-3
Volume 2 Chapters 4-6
Volume 3 Chapters 7-9
Volume 4 Translation in progress


Summary

Most people love red hair. It's so vibrant and striking. But not our protagonist Nora. Many people in her village hate her because she has red hair because of an old legend in the village. Though some people hate her, she still pulls on. But her not -so-ordinary life might become mysterious and dangerous soon...in more ways than one?!

My Thoughts


Review covers 10 chapters 

Hello everyone! Welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today, I have a really great manga to share with you. As the title is saying, the manga is going to be a lot of fun. I didn’t expect a lot from it, but as soon as I started it, I couldn’t put it down. I was already used to Kaji Eiri’s drawing style, but the faces of Nora cracked me up so much, I couldn’t take it.

Let’s see what the story is about. Meet our heroine Nora – a “red-headed woman”, who is despised by everyone in her village just because of a legend, which says that red-haired women are evil witches. She lives in the orphanage under the church. One day a priest comes to their church. Long story short, this priest appears to be a demon eating demons and Nora ends up signing a contract with him; Albrecht becomes her master and she his pet. From that onward their adventures start. Will those two find a common ground? Or will they keep amazing us?

The characters are what makes this manga spectacular and especially their interactions. Nora is a character, which I enjoyed reading about a lot. Her expressions as well as her come backs to Albrecht’s behavior. Albrecht is also the best male character I’ve read so far. I don’t really get him, but then again I think he himself didn’t get it yet, that he is in love with Nora. It’s the same with Nora too. No matter how against him she is, her blushing says it all. I so wish to finally see those two plainly saying their feelings. But will that be soon? They make an amazing couple. And Nora’s feminine features are just showing out now. Last chapters especially. Albrecht is getting bolder and I wait for a moment Nora finally acknowledges both of their feelings.

The manga is full of humor and sometimes-even black humor. Some jokes are repeated a lot, but they just don’t get old; especially the one with the demon and the church having a contract. All characters bring something new and fun to the story. It is really fun to see how pope is being bewitched by Nora and his foolishness. He may sound and seem like an absolute idiot, but let’s face it; he’s a calculating idiot. But to understand everything you should read the story for yourself.

I hope you’ll find some time to read this amazing story. You’ll have a lot of fun. Enjoy it to its fullest with a lot of hot men, but Albrecht being the best of them. Don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews and promos on Katie’s Corner. Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment