Saturday 21 October 2017

[Book Review] A Life Naive by Oliver Phipps

A Life NaiveA Life Naive by Oliver Phipps
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Ride that will Open up Horizons!

Every time Oliver Phipps publishes a new book, I know that I will have a sleepless night as I'll be lost reading the book and loving it. A Life Naive is a fantastic book that opens up lives of Americans in the 60s and 70s.
Meet Hershel Lawson, a fantastic character that I loved a lot, even if he's too naive and trusts the world too much, he gives us the clear view of human personality. He's hardworking, he is not greedy and moreover, he is kind.
Sally, on the other hand, knows the harshness of the world and is first repulsed by Hershel's kindness and politeness, always thinking that he has a hidden motive for acting naive.
Their banter is fantastic, especially where Sally accuses Hershel of knowing and him not really understanding what is going on. I loved every moment of the book. I loved seeing how Hershel started to become more manly without truly losing his original character and how Sally did start to grow a soft spot for him.
The writing as always was fantastic and made me lose myself in the book and appear on highway 66 alongside Hershel and Sally experiencing their journey as if I was standing next to them and not reading about them.
Join Hershel and Sally on their journey across half of the country to Los Angeles, to make their dreams come true. Meet fantastic characters along the way and don't get lost on the Journey!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment