Monday 7 March 2022

Book Review: The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (The Blood of Eden #1)

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

From my review archives:

Yes, you might be wondering if I’m once again in my vampire fan stage, but to answer your and even my parents’ question, no, I’m not. I have read too many vampire books in those days and really thought that nothing would impress m anymore. Basically, I just wanted to read something bloody and what s better than a pure vampire book that has been on my to-read list for nearly 3 years. I gave it a try…

It’s a really nice book if you’re new to vampires, however, if you’re a near expert as I am, it might not give you anything new. what I was enjoying in the book was the idea of the Virus. yes it’s pretty cliche, but come on, who doesn’t like the whole apocalyptical world? Theme? I can say, that I truly enjoy it. it’s leek a guide of what to do and don’t’s. The character that I loved the most was Kanin. True, he didn’t appear much and mostly he was silent, but he kind of reminded me of raise from noblesse. true, he’s not as all-powerful and hot, but his “love” for humans was what made me think of Rai. (For those who have no idea what Noblesse is, it’s a Korean webtoon, you should really read it, it’s awesome!). Okay, back to the review. Allie is a great character and you’ll love her lots. You’ll question her choice of becoming a vampire, but only in the first second, afterwards, you’ll just try to understand all her choice.

One thing that I really liked and enjoyed in the book was the description of the vampires. In short Kanin’s definition of war was happening to Allie. Who I really wanted to smack and kill was Stick, he frustrated and annoyed me too much. You’ll know why when you read the book, but the way he relayed Allie was too cowardly. To m disappointment, there were no vivid bloodshed. there’s some drama, but nothing too shocking, well, for me that is. Are you ready to set on the journey to become a vampire and look for a mystical place called - Eden? Are you up for a small dosage of vampire x human romance? I’m still rooting for Karin, I really want to know how the romance plot will go in that direction and will it ever? If Allie stays with Zeke it will surely be too cliche, but we’ll see what’s going to happen in the next books. Enjoy it to your fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment