Saturday 5 March 2022

Book Review: First Comes Blood by Lilith Vincent (Promised in Blood #1)

 

First Comes Blood (Promised in Blood, #1)First Comes Blood by Lilith Vincent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What do you usually need to get into a book? Most probably a good cover (always helps, even if they say Never Judge a Book by its cover), and of course a recommendation. For me it was actually a random tiktok on my for you page with a description of the scene, which hooked me faster than anything possible. And if you ask what scene it was, it was actually from the third book.

I literally devoured this book in a day, actually not even one day, but rather about 3 hours maybe even less. Why? Because it was that good. In the beginning, I was confused, a bit disoriented, but hell, 3 chapters in and I was so into the book.

Let's just say that I thought I knew what I was getting into when I started the book. I've been reading mafia romance back during my blogging age, but I never thought that the dark mafia would have evolved like that in the 3 years that I missed doing anything for my blog. Dark romance became even darker, and hell if I'm not in love with it!

Chiara is absolutely amazing character. Yes, she does have some flaws (which get straightened out in the next books), but honestly though I was enamoured with her. She, a 17-year old that has to open up her eyes on her birthday to the world that she actually lives in, and not in a good way. But what happened to her on her birthday just made her stronger, and that journey to become the strong queen that she was meant to be is absolutely fantastic!

But shall we talk about the 4 men that are there to make Chiara's life hell in the beginning, but they are also the ones that you just know you will love! Each of them has a different personality, and in the beginning, you probably will hate all of them, or at least you'll definitely hate Lorenzo (but trust me he'll become your favourite!) In the first book, we get to know more about Salvatore, and truthfully he wasn't my favourite, even after knowing everything.

So even with all his psychotic nature, Lorenzo is still my favourite, why? Because he knows what he wants and he is there to get it!

The first book takes us on a whirlwind of a journey, it foreshadows the mystery that has yet to be unveiled, and the promise of fantastic sex scenes to come. with All of the guys! Because Lilith Vincent is there to make our life sooo good! She's there to introduce to us the characters that are broken, but that will be there to heal each other. It just takes time, and you just want to be part of that journey!

The description of the scenes, the characters and the pacing. you get hooked as soon as Salvatore kisses Chiara on her birthday and Lorenzo does a bit more on her birthday! So are you ready for the ride of your life? Because you definitely need to buckle up, as the ride is to be bumpy!

XOXO

Katie



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment