Monday 1 August 2016

Manga Review: The Wizard's Cat by Yui Kikuta



Title: The Wizard's Cat 
Original Title: Mahoutsukai no Neko
Author: Yui Kikuta
Artist: Yui Kikuta

Year of Release: Nov 28, 2009 - Feb 28, 2013
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Josei, Supernatural

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 33

Volumes & Chapters:

5 Volumes in Total


Summary


Rio is a 14 year old boy with no particular special traits, except his burning love for books. He’s awkward and considered odd at best by his peers. Rio also has a twin brother, Mao. Although they look alike, they couldn’t be more different. Mao is good at everything, popular, and has future plans to have a big, happy family. Despite their differences, the brothers are close.
One day, when Rio attempts to retrieve a cat that wandered into the street, he is hit by a car right in front of his brother’s eyes. Everything fades to black. In the darkness, a voice offers a choice: to live or to die. Fading rapidly, Rio gives the obvious answer: to live! Turns out this was quite the loaded proposition.
Rio awakens in a world filled with foreigners and strange animals he’s never seen before. That’s not the only odd thing–Rio now has the form of a black cat! He quickly learns cats are revered in this world because of their special role as familiars of wizards.

My Thoughts



Don't forget to join the fun on 19th of August! Join the 3rd blogaversary for Katie's Corner Here!

Review covers 33 chapters 

Have you been missing my collection of weird mangas? I sure hope you have, as I have really interesting story for you! Are you ready for alternative worlds, magic, some romance (that’s actually under question), some awesome reincarnations and tons of plain weirdness. You are? Are you sure you are reading this review and not just scrolling through it? But nevertheless I’ll continues with my random ramblings.

To say the truth I was planning to write the review as soon as I finished this story, but as always staff happened, and finally after 2 months I’m here trying to remember what I wanted to say. It’s not all that easy, trust me. I have another pile of reviews-to-be waiting for me. But let’s remember what I remember. Did I just write that? God, I really need that 24 hour sleep asap! Well, this title appeared on y to-read list quite a long time ago, but as at that time it was still ongoing I wanted to wait until it was finished. As always I forgot about it, and one day by pure chance saw that it was marred as “completed”. Joy!

The story started quite well, and everything made sense, or at least at majority made sense to me. Our hero dies and turns up in a world where there is magic. He becomes a wizard’s cat and specifically the King’s cat, how did Rio become a cat? Well, he kind of made a contract with the king. But our lovely bookworm’s adventure is just beginning, as there will be a lot to uncover about his and his twin brother’s past life. And don’t forget there’s always danger lurking where magic is involved!

The story has exceptional humour, but don’t make it seem that’s what the whole story is about. The are many dark issues probed and at the very end you can’t not shed a tear or two! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Sty tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment