Friday 19 August 2016

Book Review: The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard (The Danaan Trilogy #1)



Title: The Forgotten Ones

Author: Laura Howard

Series: The Danaan Trilogy #1

Publication Date: April 28, 2013

Publisher: Amazon Digital Services







Summary:



Allison O'Malley's plan is to go to grad school so she can get a good job and take care of her schizophrenic mother. She has carefully closed herself off from everything else, including a relationship with Ethan, who she's been in love with for as long as she can remember.

What is definitely not part of the plan is the return of her long-lost father, who claims he can bring Allison's mother back from the dark place her mind has gone. Allison doesn't trust her father, so why would she believe his stories about a long forgotten Irish people, the Tuatha de Danaan? But truths have a way of revealing themselves. Secrets will eventually surface. And Allison must learn to set aside her plan and work with her father if there is even a small chance it could restore her mother's sanity.


My Thoughts:


Don't forget to join the fun on 19th of August! Join the 3rd blogaversary for Katie's Corner Here!

As you have noticed I’m back on my blog and I have tons of books and mangas for you. However, I will be taking another one year break off blogging in about a week, but let’s talk about that later. As promised or more likely as I was predicting, during my off blogging time I tried to catch up o my currently and to-read lists as well as books that I got from authors, publishers and of course NetGalley. So if you have sent me a book for a review even in 2014, be sure to check back or wait for my email as I’ve been busy with all of them.

This title I got from Netgalley and I don’t know the reason why I was completely ignoring it. The book started really well, but after 5 chapters I got so understandable that it was too confusing. And now I’m pretty sure you are wondering if I’m all right, because the last sentence was an absolute gibberish. But trust me, once you read the book you’ll understand! Somewhere near the end the author just got tired and rushed everything without even having a second thought. Or maybe it was just me for whom Aiofe’s release from her prison or escape or whatever it was she did wasn’t such a novelty! I’m never good with Fae or fairy books but here I didn’t even remember it was about that and once I got to that part it was too late to abandon the book.

Another thing that pissed me off was an all encompassing description: he was so beautiful I couldn’t look away. I got that the author wanted us to picture the hottest man alive with blue eyes but a bit of description of his other features wouldn’t have hurt too. And for God’s sake why was every one so astonished to know that Allison was Liam’s kid? Didn’t they look totally alike? And how o one could ever see it? I do not really want to start going though everything that pissed me off. Okay the last one. The none existence of romance, sorry of a  normal romance sure was a turn down for me. But everyone is different, therefore you might find this books fantastic. Me? I’m not even considering reading the next book. I might, but not right now! Enjoy it and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment