Tuesday 9 June 2015

Book Review: Everflame by Dylan Lee Peters (Everflame #1)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Everflame

Author: Dylan Lee Peters

Publication Date: 29 July, 2012

Publisher: Amazon Digital Services

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


Long ago, when the earth was young. . . Four ancient beings created man to be the bastion of the earth and its creatures. But when The Great Tyrant came and chased The Ancients away, the world was transformed into a place of fear and isolation. Over time humans lost the connection they had with a world they had been created to protect. Now, deep in the forests that surround Gray Mountain, two bears find a small child that is abandoned and left for dead. They name him Evercloud, and raise him as a member of their kingdom. Teaching him the secrets of the elders, they tell him of the ancient beings that created man and the rumors of their return. Evercloud must now go on a quest to return The Ancients to power. However, in another corner of the land, a man known only as The Messenger travels the land under a white hood, on a mission to prevent the return of The Ancients. We follow the paths each of these men take until their stories collide in an epic battle of good versus evil


My Thoughts:



Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today, I have an amazing book covered here. If you enjoy a really good fantasy book, then this book should be on your reading list. In the very beginning I had mixed feelings about the whole bear kingdom. I mean, bears sitting at a round table? However, after 2 or 3 chapters I just didn’t mind bears being bears, I just thought of them as people. I really got into the book when Edgar was introduced. His character is developed amazingly and the story itself was very thoughtful. It had a lot of drama into it and the appearance of “Holy” was right on track. I was already thinking that Edgar would turn into an antagonist, though in the beginning I thought that he would be another protagonist like Evercloud and help him in the quest.

I really enjoyed reading about the world that Dylan Peters conjured. It is interesting, fascinating and at the same time it really resembles our own world, especially the part about Edgar. I was seeing our own world, a bit covered, but nevertheless it was the same world that we live in. the concept of Holy and Great Tyrant is very interesting. And every time I read about it, I had this feeling that the author wanted to tell us, that sometimes what we believe in, might not be the truth; and that the winners do really write the history, whether they are good or evil.

All characters are very well developed and each of them has a unique feel about them. I liked Evercloud as a character and as a person. Sometimes it felt as if he was too unreal. I mean, sometimes he was too good. He didn’t give off the human vibe. It was as if he wasn’t tainted. But then again bears not humans raised him, surely, he wouldn’t know of human bad traits. However, he’s a great character and quite refreshing. Though it cracked me up when Evercloud fell in love with Iolana at first sight. The book unravels a lot, but at the same time even more secrets come to life. And at the ending of the first book, you just wished you had the next book right now, so you could dive into it right now. The intrigue with Ancients and the Great Tyrant is still high and you just want to know faster what is going to happen next.

Did I perk your interest? I hope I did, because this book is amazing with its own myths, history and a lot of adventures. In the beginning it might be hard to get the whole bear thing going into the mind, but the more you read the more interesting it becomes. I hope you’ll be adding this book to your reading list right now and getting your copy now! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned to Katie’s Corner for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book. Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie 

My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment