Monday 9 March 2015

Manga Review : Tower of God by SIU



Title: Tower of God 
Original Title: Tower of God
Author: SIU
Artist: SIU

Year of Release: 2010
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery,  Psychological, Shounen, Supernatural, Webtoons

Status: Ongoing
Chapters (Translated in English): 135



Volumes & Chapters:


Volume 1 Chapters 0-79
Volume 2 Not completed


Summary

What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? Whatever you desire, 'that' is here. Tower of God.



Original webtoon from Naver

My Thoughts

Review covers 130 chapters 


What do you desire the most in the world? Power? Knowledge? Fortune? Revenge? Whatever you want, you can get it in the Tower. Climb to the top and get your prize.

Why did I take up this webtoon, and even went as far as to cover it on my blog? The answer is quite easy. I started reading it back in July 2014, when my mom and I went to the mountains. Because most of our day we spent in the forest walking around I read something to read on my phone. It was that time that I found this awesome application called “Webtoons Line”. There were some webtoons which I was reading and some which I was dying to read. One of those was “Tower of God”. First several chapters I was like: “Haaa???? What the hell is going on here?!” Then I just switched on my imagination 100% on and it started making sense, though, even now I sometimes find myself asking: what is going on? The mystery of the tower is still intact and that is what makes this webtoon amazing. You just never know what will happen next, who will betray who, and who will scheme what in order to climb the tower and get the prize he/she wishes for.

Keep in mind that this is a Korean webtoon, meaning that it is not black & white, but in color. Also it is read from left to right. I really liked this webtoon, because it covers a broad line of human nature. It addresses nearly all of our characteristics and brings to life not only the good one but the bad ones too. This webtoon has a lot of characters and to say the truth I only remember 5-10% of them. But that is not because they are so similar no it may be quite the opposite. Every character is absolutely different. Everyone has a goal and a reason he/she is there. There are a lot of amazing characters both from the “good” and “evil” side. The sides changed so frequently, that I got confused.

There are a lot of characters who make you think and reflect on what you do or have done. There are some who you just despise and who you adore. There are a lot of battles and conversation about the concept of power. The battles are especially amazing and if you just use a bit of your imagination, they come to life leaving your mouth agape and craving more. All the chapters always end on a mini cliffhanger, leaving me screaming. But what I try to do is compromise with myself and not read for at least a month, which means I have 4 chapters to munch on later, if I hold on longer more chapters and so on. This way, I read continuously, well I still do complain, however, now it is at least once a month not every week.

I hope you get some free time and read this amazing webtoon. If you do, or if you already are, don’t forget to share your thoughts with me. Enjoy a thrilling ride which is “Tower of God”.

XOXO


Katie

Rating


No comments:

Post a Comment