Tuesday 19 November 2013

Review : After Eden by Helen Douglas (After Eden #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  After Eden

Author:  helen Douglas

Publication Date:  5 November, 2013

Publisher:  Bloomsbury Children Books







Summary:


Eden Anfield loves puzzles, so when mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school she's hooked. On the face of it, he's a typical American teenager. So why doesn't he recognise pizza? And how come he hasn't heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden the most, however, is the interest he's taking in her. 

As Eden starts to fall in love with Ryan, she begins to unravel his secret. Her breakthrough comes one rainy afternoon when she stumbles across a book in Ryan's bedroom - a biography of her best friend - written over fifty years in the future. Confronting Ryan, she discovers that he is there with one unbelievably important purpose ... and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.



My Thoughts:


Who doesn’t like an amazing love story with time travelers in it? Well I do. The book follows Eden to her senior year, when she meets Ryan a newcomer. If I say nothing strange happens, I won’t lie and I won’t be telling the truth. Yes, he is weird. Who doesn’t know what pizza or hamburger is? But everything falls in place when Even finds a book from future in Ryan’s room which is written by her best friend Connor and is about how he has found a habitable planet – Eden. When Eden goes to Ryan and confronts him, it’s a miracle that he tells her everything. That he is from future and his mission is to prevent Connor from finding planet Eden, it’s up to them to change future. But now Eden is asking a question : Does Ryan really like her or is he only using her to be friends with Connor so he can accomplish his mission? Grab your copy now to know the answer to this and more interesting questions.

Eden is amazing character. I liked her very much. But I loved her in the prom scene the most. Isn’t it the most difficult choice to make: to let the ones we love go? I think it is. Because it causes too much pain. But  I loved Eden for her choices. Ryan is also amazing, but I can’t tell you more about him or this review will be full of spoiler, and I really don’t want to spoil this amazing book for you. The characters I disliked the most is Connor, he’s a real asshole and I can’t and won’t change my mind about him. He doesn’t own Eden, why to make scenes about Ryan? But you will get to know him from reading the book.

I hope you will consider getting this book, because it really is amazing. It is easy and fun to read and it sucks you into it so fast, that you forget the time. I finished it at 4:30a.m. while I started it at 11p.m. and I thought that I was reading no more than two hours. Those of you who will consider reading it, Happy Reading!!! Hope you will enjoy it and don’t forget to leave comments. I myself am wondering what will happen in the second book, the ending was quite good. JJ!!!

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment