Saturday 24 August 2013

Review : Runes by Ednah Walters (Runes #1)

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Runes

Author:  Ednah Walters

Publication Date:  8th June 2013

Publisher:  Firetrail Publishing

Goodreads - Amazon




Summary:


Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.

Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.

Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about Torin. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only are she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life

My Thoughts:


I haven't read much books based on North Mythology. The first one was Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson. We see more books based on Greek mythology. And I have to say the truth, I haven't read much about then North mythology, the only things I knew is that Odin was like Zeus, there was Thor and of course Loki, and that's all. Guess from which movie I have learnt that xD :))

Kill me, but I love where there is a hot, arrogant and crazy in love bad boy as a main character. And Torin St. James is just this guy. He is immortal, he is a jerk, arrogant, "hotness perfection" and of course deeply in love with the main girl character Raine Cooper. Raine is an average teenager, she is struggling to with her father's mystical disappearance, her mother talking to a mirror, her best friend going abroad, and a of course a new hot neighbour, who drives her crazy.

I loved Torin, not only because he is plain awesome, but because he wanted to sacrifice everything for Raine, and how he drove her crazy, with all his secrets, and his touches. I was laughing out loud at their bickering's, and how his touch made Raine shiver. It was really awesome to read about. 

On the other hand I hated Eirik, yes, he was awesome boyfriend, but, seriously he only kissed Raine when she was in a dress, where was he before that??? Dah, and every time he kissed her to make his point to Torin, what a sick person! 

And the best character of course was Raine, I still can't choose whom to give first place her or Torin. But I enjoyed Raine, and it even didn't drive me crazy that he always cried and, how she was describing Torin's affection. She gave everything it's own. I was on her side ( which is rare I was only once a girl's side, but that's not the point now) and I really did understand her feelings. And throughout the book I supported her in her every decision, maybe not all,  I did want her to tell her true feelings to Eirik regarding Torin. And while I sometimes find main girl characters too whiny and their courage really exaggerated, with Raine I had no problem believing that she would stood up to even Odin to save her friends, and Norms are way worse. 

I loved the book, and am already reading the second book, and soon will tell you, how she will manage new difficulties on her way. The book is really worth reading, and I recommend it to everyone. If not the great description of the romance between the characters, the book is really easy to read, and is very funny. And will make you crave to know more about North Mythology. Happy Reading Everyone!!!! :)) 


Rating:


Characters      4/5
Writing         4/5
Cover            2/5
Plot               4/5 



No comments:

Post a Comment