Saturday 31 August 2013

Review : Origin by Jennifer, L. Armentrout (Lux #4)

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Origin

Author:  Jennifer, L. Armentrout

Publication Date:  27th August 2013

Publisher:  Entangled Publishing

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble





Summary:


Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?


My Thoughts:


Do we all remember how the Opal ended? if not, I am going to recite the last two or tree sentences:
...Our eyes locked, and I would never, ever forget the terror in his, the look of pure helplessness. Everything felt surreal on my end, like I really wasn’t here. I tried to smile for him, but I’m not sure I managed one.
“It’ll be okay,” I whispered as tears filled my eyes. The doors were coming out of the ceiling and the floor. “It’ll be all right.”
Daemon’s green eyes held a glassy sheen. His arm reached out, fingers splayed. They never reached the laser or the door. “I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will,” he said, voice thick and hoarse with panic. “I will come back for you. I will—”
The emergency doors sealed shut with a soft thud. “I love you,” I said, but Daemon… Daemon was gone. Gone on the other side of the doors and I was trapped—with the Arum and Daedalus. For a moment I couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe. I opened my mouth to scream, but terror poured into me, cutting off the sound.
I turned around slowly, lifting my head as a tear rolled down my cheek. An Arum stood there, head tilted to the side. I couldn’t see his eyes behind the sunglasses, and I was glad I couldn’t.
He knelt, and beyond him and the other Arums, I could see men in black uniforms. The Arum reached out, trailing an icy finger down my cheek, chasing the tear, and I recoiled away, pressing against the emergency doors.
“This is going to hurt,” the Arum said. He leaned in, his face inches from mine and his breath cold against my mouth.
“Oh God,” I whispered.
A burst of pain encompassed every cell in my body, and the air flew out of my lungs. Suspended there, I couldn’t move away. My arms didn’t work. Someone grabbed me from the side, but I couldn’t feel. It felt like I was still screaming, but there was no sound.
There was no Daemon.

And those of you who have read the books, know that it was the first time that Daemon confesses his love. I really wanted to kill him, and I think he wanted to kill himself too. Because when he wakes up the he is saying that he had to tell Katy every time that he loved her, every freaking moment, but it really took him that long to confess his feelings.

I wanted to read the book from Daemon's POV, and I got it, It was a splendid idea to divide the book to give us Katy's and Daemon's POVs, and I hope the the fifth book ( Opposition ) will be also divided like in Origin.

This book, gives us new Katy, more mature I think, and the one, who is now in tune with her new life, and it had to be really difficult to be in tune with new life, but she managed it. But I don't want to talk about Katy or Daemon in this review, maybe a little. I do want to talk about Blake, Mattew and Dawson and Beth.

Blake, the guy who had betrayed them in Onyx and in Opal. I do think he had a death wish showing up near Katy in Origin at area 51. Last time ( I mean when I was writing a review for Opal ) I said that he was a desperate person, and was even on his side on some point, but now, I did hate him, and wished time to die, and unfortunately or fortunately my wish came true. What the Hell was he thinking when he showed up at Katy's cell-room. And after, at her stress test. He wanted to be dead and he got. He absolutely knew, that she will kill him, she promised him that. But I do want to understand why in hell was Blake doing what he was doing. Why destroying Katy's life, ( if he liked her ( he told her that in Opal),), if he even didn't gain on it anything? Chris was free to come and go. I understand the bad actions in name of good  outcome, but bad actions, betrayal and for what? Nothing just to make a person miserable and what else? Kill me but I don't really understand any of his actions now. But screw Blake, and let's move on to Mattew.

Mattew, a person who was like father to Blacks siblings and Thompsons. They trusted him, never even could they think that he would be the one betraying them. But it is said that betrayal is always closer to us then we think, and this just was it. It was awful to find out that it was Will who betrayed Beth and Dawson, but even if Will was family Beth didn't know him until she came to Petersburg, and Mattew, the triplets knew him their whole life. And knowing that it was actually Mattew who betrayed the both Black brothers was something that blew my mind, and I think I would have just acted as Dawson did. And my emotion on that episode which was barely more that 3 pages was rage, total, uncontrable, just like this:



And I think the last issue I want to discuss now, is Beth's and Dawson's situation aka Origin aka we are gonna have a freaking baby. There you go, I think I just spilled the best spoiler, but still, you would have guessed it right when you would read about Beth and how Dawson was super overprotective. And there everybody thought it will be Katy who will get pregnant.  So soon we will have little Micah, who I seriously loved, and I also had thought he was like Damien from the Omen, even before Katy said it. I would love to see him in Opposition, that will be serious ass-kicking and fun. And yeah, Archer + Dee = in love???? Good luck guys, I am totally for that union, and hell there babies will be something much more cool than Origins. Go, go guys. 

I will not speak about my two favourites, and main characters aka Katy and Daemon, but you will be blown by them I guarantee that, I was. And what will they do, Holy Crap and I am not only talking about at last sleeping together, I think I should shut up, or I will, spill the most romantic scenes, and I don't want to do that. That will surely spoil the whole fun.

Reading last two paragraphs, and actually acknowledging that the book is going to end on a best cliffhanger so far in the series, the only emotion I had was " OH, CRAP!!!!!" I think this photo is what I have looked like to my mom just 20 minutes ago.


I really liked the book, loved it to say the truth, and just read it, those of you who haven't read the series, begin it, yes, you will have to wait another year or so for the final book, but the wait will be worth it 10000%. But even though I loved the book, maybe some of you won't, but I seriously doubt that, but still, Happy Reading, and please tell me what you thought of the book. Thanks, and enjoy!! :)) 


Rating:


Characters    5/5
Writing          5/5
Cover            2/5
Plot                4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment