Saturday 24 August 2013

Review : Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon (Carrier #1)

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Carrier of the Mark

Author:  Leigh Fallon

Publication Date:  4th October 2011

Publisher:  HarperTeen

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble




Summary:


Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

My Thoughts:


Nature elements? I mean how cool is that? That's what I thought when I came across this book. I read so many bad reviews about it that I was really interested why so few people liked the book, so I gave it a try. Most of the people who didn't like the book, were saying that it was too much like Twilight. I am not a big fan of Twilight, but I don't really remember Bella having any special powers like Megan has. 

Yes, I too found many similarities while reading Carrier of the Mark, mainly it was their dialogues and the little things in the plot. But I can't say that the book is that bad and just a copy of Twilight. I actually enjoyed it, and even read the second book, and a, waiting mow for the third one. 

I liked the characters, all of them. Megan was not some helpless girl, and  Adam Was not a sulking idiot, he was actually quite good to read about. But still while I prefer reading about bad boys, he was not that bad. And I was seriously laughing when I read that Megan and Adam can't be together because if she had a baby, the world will go Ka-BOOM, but please they are 17!!! They are not idiots, to have babies right now!!!! That was the most annoying part in the book.

The writing wasn't that bad, and even if the author is a real Stepheny Mayer fan, so what?? She wrote a normal book, even a good one. Which was good to read, and took your mind for some time from the problems. Even though I found sometimes hard to read it, still I was happy I gave it a try. So who knows, maybe you will also like it. So happy reading!! :)) 

Rating:


Characters  4/5
Writing        3/5
Cover          3/5
Plot              4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment