Sunday 21 February 2016

Book Review: Fearless by Brynley Bush (Black Brothers Trilogy #1)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Fearless

Author: Brynley Bush

Publication Date: 17 Nov 2014

Publisher: CreatSpace







Summary:



Fiercely independent and newly single mom Emmaline Hart has spent the last thirteen years putting everyone’s needs before her own. Secretly afraid that her ex-husband’s assertions that she’s too uptight are right, Emma nonetheless keeps her life, and her emotions, firmly under control, fearful of getting hurt again. However, when she meets the dangerously attractive Beckett Black on a job assignment, the way his casual touch sends her pulse racing forces her to acknowledge her growing need to move beyond her fear. When Beckett offers her a job writing the memoir of his father, a renowned cancer researcher, Emma jumps at the career opportunity and the chance to get to know Beckett better. 

Emma spends her days with the renowned doctor, who has spent his career studying a plant in the Amazon that has the potential to cure cancer, and her nights with Beckett, who slowly pushes past her fears and breaks down her barriers, introducing her to a passionate and forbidden love that surpasses her wildest fantasies. As the doctor’s story of secrets and cover-ups unravels, so does Emmaline’s view on everything she thought she knew about herself and the power of surrender.


My Thoughts:


It has been quite a long time since I read and reviewed and erotic romance book. Well, first of all I’m back to my book obsession, meaning I kind of postponed reading manga to go back to my everlasting list of books. And well, I started this one by pure chance. How so? I have just finished reading Dauntless by Stacy Claflin and as it was in my kindle app, when I clicked on Library, Fearless was just staring at me, with the next 2 books in line. I remember I got the whole series a long time ago, but then something happened and I just didn’t read them. But my curiosity piqued I started reading.

I liked it, even though it made my very dormant super feminist to shout, I still enjoyed it. I liked how the author mixed the real life, suspense and of course sex. What I mean here is that mostly when the author is writing an erotica he/she forgets that it’s an erotic romance, not just retelling of how, where and for how long the sex between two characters was. Essentially I want to read about the sex, heck, that’s the reason why I even buy and read these books, but just think about it, I want some normal interaction between the characters too. I want to have an idea about them. Maybe I’m asking too much, but then again, I do find the books that suit my requirements and Fearless is just right. Okay, super dominant alpha-male could have been a bit less dominant. But I still liked Beckett Black. Yes, he was too overpowering, but at the same time he was perfect for Emma. I liked their couple. Even though I sometimes wanted to slap him, the book held my interest and I wanted to know what was going to happen next.

The whole “suspense” and the secrets were really well planted into the book. I really didn’t think I would be on edge doing the last 5 chapters, but I was proven wrong and sometimes I like being wrong, especially if this brings me a feeling of exhilaration. Are you ready to explore the world of BDSM with Emma and Beckett? No worries you’ll be put into it as gently as possible. Are you to stretch your limits? Or are you like me just content reading about it? Nevertheless, you’ll first need to grab your copy!

Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. I’ll be reviewing the next 2 books in the series very soon! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment