Friday 1 April 2022

Book Review: From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Blood and Ash #1)

 

From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 leaves

And I fell back into my Jennifer L. Armentrout phase once again!

It's always tough going back to your TBR after 3 years of not being able to read, not because you didn't have time, but because you were so tired of studying that just picking up a book and getting invested meant that you just couldn't trust yourself with your self-control to stop reading. Yes, I'm an obsessed book reader like all of us here, that once I start reading, I can't stop.

But with the 4th book in the series coming out in 2 weeks, I thought it was finally time to go and read this series. And oh boy! I was not disappointed. (I actually had to stop reading the second book, just so I could write this review and wouldn't forget what I wanted to say.

So let's start with Poppy, I did like her, but I also kind of hated her every now and then. I liked that she was brave, and fearless, and she wanted to do things that she was restricted to. The only thing that I never liked about her, was that she was way too naive. I mean, she's smart, she could have put two and two together and knew the truth, but she was not outspoken enough. And trust me, she's an amazing character, but that part of her just drove me nuts every now and then.

Somewhere around 100th page, my Sarah J Mass induced paranoia started. You know what I mean, I wanted to be sure I was getting attached to the correct male lead. But god, Hawke is .... I fell in love with him, he did piss me off at end of the book, so I brought my conflicting thoughts about him to my partner, and let's just say, that I wasn't sure what he did was a definition of consent, but that's a different story, and probably I'm not expressing myself good enough.

Let's just say, that my Sarah J Mass induced paranoia went on to at least the middle of the book, where I just went and guessed who was who, and what's going on. and yes, I knew from booktok who's the male lead of the book, but even if I didn't know, the clues and hints were a bit too obvious not to guess!

Overall, I liked the book, so I'm off to the second one. Trying to read another 3 books before the 4th one hits my kindle ^_^.

XOXO

Katie

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment