Monday 14 August 2017

Manga Review: Butterfly - Flower and Butterfly by Ueda Miwa


Title: Flower - Flower and Butterfly
Original Title: Papillon - Hana to Chou
Author: Ueda Miwa
Artist: Ueda Miwa

Year of Release: 2006
Genres: Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 40

Volumes & Chapters:

8 Volumes in Total


Summary


The story is about an ordinary (and rather unpopular) girl named Ageha who is constantly overshadowed by her popular and beautiful twin sister, Hana. Because Ageha grew up in the countryside with their grandmother while Hana was raised by their parents, the two girls ended up with drastically different personalities.

For the most part, Ageha remains a silent and hidden student in the school, with only one friend (who isn't all that nice either). In fact, nobody even really knows that she is Hana's twin sister, because despite looking alike, there is still a large gap between the levels of their beauty and popularity. When Hana finds out that Ageha has a crush on a cute boy named Ryuusei (who is actually Ageha's childhood friend from the countryside), Hana becomes curious about their relationship.

However, after hearing that Ryuusei hates people like Hana, Hana becomes irritated and using her charming personality, actually manages to snag Ryuusei as her boyfriend! Ageha is left with no one, but thanks to the strange (and attractive) new school counsellor, and some unexpected allies, Ageha decides to do her best and take Ryuusei back.

My Thoughts


Review covers 40 chapters 

It's been quite a long since I have found something "new" to read. Mostly after my summer period was rereading my favourite works and not bothering to start something new. Truth is, I was working on the recap section of the blog and I had too little time for anything except sleep. Senior year is a bitch.

Anyway, the truth is at least a month has passed since I finished this story, but somehow I just didn't have time to write the review. Wait, I did, but I used it to do extra curricular projects. I'm truly becoming study obsessed nerd... Enough, about that let's briefly talk about today's pick. I really enjoyed the story. some parts did piss me off, but overall I loved it, enough to read it again in the future. Yup, I put it in my iPad's favourite's tab. the hat doesn't happen too often. Nearly forgot, but if you have recently finished Day Time Shooting Star, and where #teamSensei, you'll love this on e as well, try a bit more mature as it has more adult scenes, but there's sensei in the story that's seriously hot.

You can call this story a true cliche, with the whole ugly duckling turning into a beautiful swan theme, however, let me give you the feature that'll differentiate it from other stories. We have a really annoying twin sister, that pissed me off too much. She was just too full of herself and I sometimes wanted to slap her. Wait, not sometimes, as soon as she showed her true colours, which was quite fast I wanted to slap her so, so much. I couldn't understand her, she had tried to take away something from your sister who the idolizes you? At some point I just couldn\t relate to the characters, the age gap between my sister and me is 12 years, so I just can't imagine myself in neither Hana's nor Ageha's shoes.

Another issue that was really interesting was the mother-daughter issue. Especially between Ageha and her mom. When everything is finally set to places you'll be crying, as there were just too many misunderstandings in that family. Overall, I believe this is a really great story to read, it explores a lot of family issues and you just can't put it down. Once you do and trust me that'll be when you finished it you'll have this feeling as if some part of you heart was left with the story.

Enjoy it to your fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don't miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment