Friday 25 August 2017

Book Review: Significance by Shelly Crane (Significance #1)


Title: Significance

Author: Shelly Crane

Series: Significance

Publication Date: 15 June 2011

Publisher: Kimm Me Publications







Summary:


Maggie is a seventeen year old girl who's had a bad year. She was smart and on track, but her mom left, her dad is depressed, she's graduating, barely, and her boyfriend of almost three years dumped her for a college football scholarship. Lately she thinks life is all about hanging on by a thread and is gripping tight with everything she has. 

Then she meets Caleb. 

She saves his life and instantly knows there's something about him that's intriguing, but she's supposed to be on her way to a date with his cousin. Things change when they touch, sparks ignite. Literally. 

They imprint with each other and she sees their future life together flash before her eyes. She learns that not only is she his soul mate, and can feel his heartbeat in her chest, but there is a whole other world of people with gifts and abilities that she never knew existed. She herself is experiencing supernatural changes unlike anything she's ever felt before and she needs the touch of his skin to survive. Now, not only has her dad come out of his depression to be a father again, and a pain as well, but Caleb's enemies know he's imprinted and are after Maggie to stop them both from gaining their abilities and take her from him. 

Can Caleb save her or will they be forced to live without each other after just finding one another?



My Thoughts:


Do you know the perfect way how to get over the manga obsession and go back to the book obsession? The answer is not what you might think of; i.e. go on a Christmas holiday with your parents! What’s so lifestyle changing about that? Well, imagine going to a quite established hotel and it might seem strange for a girl who’s always with a kid (my brother who’s 7) to always read manga, plus the other day both my dad and stepmom told me that they were proud of me for not watching anime as much as I did before (yup, I don’t watch it in their presence *giggles), and I couldn’t really tell them that I was watching a Nickelodeon's teen’s show… But that all can’t be really mentioned as a trigger. The trigger is usually the internet. Yup, if the connection is slow or not stable, reading manga is not enjoyable. Thus I usually opt for books.

However, even though I had a list of books I should have read first, I once again ignored it and went for something on my Kindle app. Don’t ask me to explain my logic, you won’t be able to comprehend it. Anyway, I started it and you know how it’s with me, I quickly “fell” into the book and I can’t wait to take the second book up! I’m pretty sure until this holiday ends I’ll finish all the books I have of this series!

The story is fun, spunky and interesting. there’s quite some drama, but there’s just lots of love and romance! Let me briefly tell you what to expect and get back to the second book, i promise I’ll be explaining some in the second review! Ever wondered if you had a soul-mate? the other half if you, without which you’re just not you? not full? Well, meet Meggie, a 17-year-old who’s graduating and whose life is going under the train without any rays of hope to make it at least a bit better. what's happening? I don’t want to spoil and make it so you have a wrong understanding of her. Just know that her life is not the best out there. Right after graduation, okay, not right after, but it’s the same day, she saves a guy and when after their hand touch, all the hell breaks loose! She now has to face the world she never knew existed and at the same time accept or at least try to understand what’s between her and Caleb (that’s the guy who nearly died). long story short, the two are soul-mates and now they can’t live without each other, literally!

are you ready to face the world of the new type of supernatural? Don’t worry you’ll love it, it’s similar to X-men, minus the high scale drama and Magneto trying to rule the world. Enjoy this roller coaster ride with Maggie and Caleb, oh and if you’ll be as astonished by Maggie’s acceptance of the supernatural as I was, join the club! Though for a change it was quite refreshing and was giving me a sense as if I was the main character. Enjoy it and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga!Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie 

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment