Friday 18 October 2013

Review : Lust, Money & Murder by Mike Wells (Lust, Money & Murder 1-3)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Lust, Money & Murder

Author: Mike Wells

Publication Date:  1 March 2011

Publisher: Amazon Digital Services

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


 Born in the worst suburb in Pittsburgh, Elaine Brogan is bright, beautiful and bold. When her father is falsely arrested for passing counterfeit $100 bills, Elaine vows become a Secret Service agent and track down the man responsible. After barely surviving the arduous Secret Service Training Academy in Laurel, Maryland, she is transferred to bleak and blustery Great Falls, Montana. But things do not go as planned, and Elaine soon finds herself betrayed and thrown into an adventure that takes her halfway around the world, from dark and mysterious Sofia, Bulgaria, to Moscow Russia, and finally, to Milan, Italy. In the end, will Elaine find the love and happiness she truly seeks...or will she turn to a life of obscene wealth, power and corruption?


My Thoughts:


Truth and only truth, that's my today's motto. And when I say that I was freakishly amazed by this book, I am not lying. All of my blog readers know that I am not into thrillers, crimes or something like that. Yes, I do love watching such movies, but reading? Never even tried, before this one. And to say the truth when I was contacted by the author, I was astonished. My first reaction was: “oh thank you, but no…” but then I read these words: “just give it a try, maybe you will enjoy it…” And so I did. By the time I was finishing the first part, I didn’t want to put down. It was so interesting.

The books tell us a story of Ellaine Brogan, who wanted to become a Secret Service agent, and she did achieve it. It is a thrilling story, which sucks you into it and doesn’t want to let go. It is so well written that you really see everything in front of your eyes, and I mean everything. I do think that it would have made a really good movie. Tell you what, while reading last pages I really was hoping for not a happy ending. But unfortunately for me it has that awfully good “all American” happy ending. Still the last sentence of the epilogue leaves very much for imagination. And knowing that there are other 3 books upcoming, leaves me thrilled to know what will happen.

My favourite characters of course are Ellaine and Nick. My well respected characters who were bad are Ellaine’s Dad and Giorgio Cattoretti. Those of you who have read the book, know that Ellaine’s dad was stealing from his work in order to support his daughter’s education, so he is what I call a bad guy with actually genuine thoughts. While Giorgio is skin to bone bad. And why do I still respect him? Well Cattoretti wanted to be rich and he worked hard to achieve his goal, he wanted to be respected and feared but still be in the shadows? Well he did get it, how? But what I respect about him, maybe not respect but admire, is that he wanted something and he made everything to get it. It’s also like Ellaine, but his dreams were broader and much more advance.

Writing style… What can I say, I was amazed by it. You really will not want to put the book down. Though some scenes were too vividly described, I would really suggest this book to more mature readers, that 18+ category. It’s not that the whole book is like that, but some scenes were. And though the book would have been incomplete without them, I, myself would have preferred not to be able to read them in such vivid coulours. Not to bore you anymore, I would like to say that the book is fast, what I mean is that it doesn’t bore you with something not truly needed. It’s right to the point and even when we read some of the characters memories, it still is thrilling.


Have you considered reading it?  Don’t even begin to say: it’s not my genre, just try it and I hope, no I do know that you won’t be disappointed. Grab your copy now, and get swept up into action, passion, betrayal and thrilling life of Ellaine Brogan. Happy Reading everyone, and I would like to say thank you to the author for contacting me, and giving me this great opportunity to read this outstanding book.  Am looking forward to read books 4,5,6. Don’t forget to leave comments !!! J


My Rating:

Characters  5/5
Writing        5/5
Cover          3/5 
Plot             4/5






No comments:

Post a Comment