Friday 25 October 2013

Book Review: Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy (Crescent Chronicles #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Flight

Author:  Alyssa Rose Ivy

Publication Date:  16 August 2012

Publisher:  CreateSpace







Summary:


 Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.


My Thoughts:


I came across this book in the beginning or summer. But with final exams, I didn't get a chance to even click "buy" button. And only some days ago, when I was looking through my lists on Goodreads page, I came across it. I actually bought only 2 books, why? Because I forgot to see if there was a third one. So no I am waiting to get the third one. I know I am a real genius for that.

Even though I have this whole lot of author request books, also from NetGalley, and my own TBR books waiting to be read, I still began reading this one. I finished it in one day. And my reaction during and after I finished the book was : "AMAZING!!!..." The book is truly amazing and original. I liked Alyssa's style very much, it was easy to read and you really didn't want to put the book down. The only thing why I didn't start the second book right away was that I knew I had to write the review first in order to remember only first book feelings and I really wanted to sleep. 

Allie is an amazing character, and you love her immediately. Her best friend Jess is what we call boy crazy, but when things go way south with Jared we get to know Jess's other side, which we also like. But the best character apart from Allie is of course Levi. He is self-confident, and in the beginning it's really annoying, but after 2-3 chapters you take Levi's side and urge Allie to be with him. But trust me you still will have moments when you will hate his guts. Unfortunately for us we don't get much of describtion of any character. We do know that Allie is 5.9 with long legs, dark hair and green eyes and that every man wants her. But that's all, I mean come on, that's it? And what about Levi? He is taller, way taller than 5.9 is athletically built and has gray-blue eyes. Oh he has wings too. But don't you dare think that he is an angel! Nope, you will know what he is as soon as you crack open your book, not really soon, but on 1/3 or much less. Trust me, you will be really amazed what he is. And that new world which Alyssa gave to us? Just amazing A+++ to it. Because it is not only original, but it is also well built, though I would have still wanted to know more. Guess I have something in common with Allie.

But I guess, To understand my excitement about the book, you should read it for yourself. And I don't think you'll be dissapointed. It has everything a teenage mind needs. So I do hope you are now considering reading it. So I will not prolong the waiting. Happy Reading, and enjoy it, Don't forget to leave comments!!! :)) 


My Rating:

Characters   4/5
Writing        4/5 
Cover          4/5
Plot             5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment