Wednesday 16 October 2013

Monthly Interview : Kenton Kilgore Author of Dragontamer's Daughters Series



Hi Everyone,

Find Him of Google +

I myself am very excited because today I am having my monthly author interview, and as I promised it is with Mr. Kenton Kilgore Author of DragonTamer's Daughters series. 





Goodreads
Goodreads


Interview:


Katie: Hello, thank you for this interview, how are you?

Kenton Kilgore:  Just fine.  Thank you for having me.

K.: It’s nice to hear. Can you tell us more about yourself?

K.K.:  I work for the United States federal government, I’ve been married for 25 years, and I have two daughters, Elizabeth (who’s almost 20) and Alexandra (who’s 14).  I live in Stevensville, Maryland.

K.: My first question will be, when did you first start writing?

K.K:  I started writing stories when I was about eight years old, and I’ve never stopped.

K.: Do you remember the first story you ever read and the impact it had on you?

K.K:  The “Sesame Street” show helped me teach myself how to read when I was 3 years old.  I don’t remember the first story I ever read, but when I was little (maybe 5 or so), I read a lot of books about dinosaurs, and if anyone asked me, I could tell them anything that was in those books.  If I was interested in a certain subject, I learned everything I possibly could about it.  That burning curiosity and voracious reading helped later in life.

K.: Why did you write this book and what are your expectations on its behalf?

K.K:  “Dragontamer’s Daughters” started out as a fairy tale for my children when they were much younger.  But as they got older, I wasn’t content to leave the story as it was.  It grew and grew on its own, until it finally wound up being 600+ pages. 

As for my expectations, I’d just like young adults—particularly girls—to read it and enjoy it.  My daytime job pays me well, so writing is something I do for a hobby.

K.: Why Dragons?

K.K:  I’ve always loved dragons, and I was a big “Dungeons & Dragons” player when I was younger.  But it seems to me that dragons are almost always portrayed basically the same, as big, scary, fire-breathing monsters who lie around on piles of treasure all day.  With “Dragontamer’s Daughters,” I wanted to do something different with dragons, and I think I’ve succeeded.  There’s no dragon like Pearl.

K.: What is the greatest joy of writing for you?

K.K:  Having people tell me who much they’ve enjoyed reading one of my books.  I also like breaking new ground in fantasy and science fiction, doing stuff that no other author’s ever done before.

K.: When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?

K.K:  I love playing Warhammer 40,000 (a sci-fi tabletop wargame), riding my motorcycle (a 2009 Harley Davidson Sportster 883), and watching the Pittsburgh Steelers or Pittsburgh Penguins.

K.: What are you working on next?

K.K:  “Lost Dogs,” a modern-day sci-fi novel set on Kent Island, Maryland, told from the point of view of the dogs who live through an apocalypse.  I’ve owned dogs for most of my life (we have three, currently), but I had to do quite a bit of research on them.  They’re really fascinating animals that I think most people overlook and underestimate.

K.: Can you describe your working place?

K.K:  It’s nothing special: I work at home.

K.: Thank you for the interview. Good luck with the book.

K.K:  Thank you very much for having me, and good luck with the blog.  I have a blog as well on my website, www.kentonkilgore.com.

K.: Today we had an interview with Kenton Kilgore author of Dragon tamer’s Daughters Series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment