Sunday 6 October 2013

Review : A Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope King ( Demonblood #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  A Demon Made Me Do It

Author:  Penelope King

Publication Date:  1 August 2011

Publisher:  Ascension Press







Summary:


 Some girls share clothes, a bathroom, or a bedroom. Seventeen-year-old Liora Greyson has to share, too. Only she shares her body--with a demon.

Liora just wants to survive her final year of high school unscathed, her dark secret intact. But the walls she’s carefully constructed to keep people away crack wide open once she meets the sexy and mysterious Kieron, and he lights her world on fire. She can’t let him know she transforms into a demon named "Lucky" at nightfall—a demon with an entirely separate personality who passes out Torment, Justice, and Revenge like Halloween candy.

Turns out Kieron is the one who should be afraid once Lucky discovers his true identity and motivations. Liora wants to love him, but Lucky thinks he’s public enemy number one. And having a demon with a vendetta show up during a romantic date puts a serious crimp in any relationship.

Fighting your demons is one thing. Having one that fights back, messes with your guy, and leaves you with nasty hangovers is quite another.

Being bad has never been so good...


My Thoughts:


First of all, I was really intrigued by this book, and I desparately wanted to read it. I did get it like 2 weeks ago, and started it immediately. Unfortunately, I couldn't get past 1 chapter for 3 days, then I saud, maybe too much demon reading, so I read some other books, and then came back here again, this time I managed to read only 3 more chapters, maybe even less, when I just really took and slamed the book on the wall. Yeah, I did apoloize to the wall, no worries there,

Why I did that?? Question is awesome, answer is not that much. Even though I really was interested in the book, There was this stupid wall, because of which I just couldn't make myself read the book. So, in order not to damage the wall even more, and not to damage book, because I still want to read it to the end (and I need the book in a normal condition for that). Okay, my mind just got jumbled.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that, I couldn't finish the book, despite my high expectations in it. But as soon as I challage my whole TBR list, I will get back to it, I hope, and I do hope that I will finish it, and will write a normal review, where I will give the book at least 3 stars. Because by it's cover and plot, it really has to be awesome. I don't know, is it style, or just me which prevents me to read it.

I do hope, that you will consider reading it, and then will give me an encouraging words, to read it. Happy Reading!!!!1 and Don't forget to leave comments!! :))


My Rating:

Characters  -
Writing       -
Cover     4/5     
Plot        4/5

P.S. I can't Make normal rating because I couldn't  finish the book, But I will be reading it again, I will be trying to finish it, but mostly now this is my rating.



No comments:

Post a Comment