Thursday 17 August 2017

Book Review: Fatal Desire by Valerie Twombly (Guardians #2)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Fatal Desire

Author: Valerie Twombly

Publication Date: 12 March 2014

Publisher: Resplendence







Summary:



Caleb is dark, hot, and commanding in human form. As a dragon, he’s a force to be reckoned with. When he witnesses the slave Lileta being beaten by his Overlord Odage, he nearly comes unglued. Without understanding why, he asks to take the slave as his own, but soon realizes his longing is more than an attraction to a beautiful woman. In a sick twist of fate, the gods have given him a demon as his mate—one he can never touch unless he wishes his own death. His only choice is to grant her freedom.

Lileta wanted to kill Caleb, but when she is freed by this tempting male, her anger turns to a desire that can only prove fatal. Even if she could claim him as her own, her dark past makes her unworthy of his love.

When their paths continue to intertwine, spiraling them to the brink of passion, can they resist the yearnings burning within them, or will they submit to their fatal desire?


My Thoughts:


Okay, first of all, I have no idea how this book got lost in my reader for such a long time that until I started looking at my library I didn't find it/ But, to say the truth I do have an idea. Apparently me getting around 200 books at the same time with getting obsessed with manga led to a disaster that I have now: Tons of books and no idea where to start from, (let me tell you, I'm still getting new ones, so this dilemma will be going on for at least a few years.) *sobs.

But let me return to the book itself. first of all, if you do not know who Valerie is my advice go google and read some o her books, they're superb! Don't get discouraged that you have to be more than 18, if you think you are ready for some adult romance with great characters and fantastic writing style, get your copy! I'm pretty sure I have already reviewed at least one of her books on my blog, and hopefully it was the first book in the Guardians series. That will give you an idea what's going on in today's review! This is not you an idea what's going on in today's review! This is not Cassie's and Marcus's story's sequel directly, though our loved characters do appear numerous times and we get to see their "product of love" sorry for the spoiler. The sequel is following Caleb and Lileta, an absolutely mismatched couple especially if you take into account their species. What Imean here is that Lileta is like a posison to Caleb. But as always the Gods have a fun sence of humour. I actually was having fun, though that moments were not fun at all. I just love those moments when Gods are having fun.

Are you ready to get to know Caleb and Lileta? They are one fun couple who you'll love a lot.They get through a lot of challemges, ut if you want to know how or if they face all of them get your copy now and get to know a fantatic world of vampires, dragons, demons and of course Gods that Valerie has built! Enjoy it to its fullest and don't forget to share share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don't miss your next favourie book or manga! Happpy reading!

XOXO

Katie 

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment