Thursday 15 June 2017

Book Review: A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (A Beautiful Dark #1)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: A Beautiful Dark 

Author: Jocelyn Davies

Publication Date: 21 September 2011

Publisher: HarperTeen






Summary:


On the night of Skye’s seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites—like fire and ice—Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye’s life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move—only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.

In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can’t help falling for, and Devin, who she can’t stay away from, the consequences of Skye’s choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.

A Beautiful Dark is the first book in a captivating trilogy by debut author Jocelyn Davies.


My Thoughts:

I believe you've been missing my random series reviews. However, let me tell you the story behind why I have the review of first books, but I'm always rushing to do the one. The answer is quite easy, and it started back in spring 2016. I was looking for "new" series to get into because my to-write-review pile was getting larger. And because I know myself that once I start the next book in the series, I won't be able to write the review for the first book, this disaster lead to me starting tons of series and not finishing any of them.  Don't worry hopefully once this review is live I did finish at least majority of them. However, that's not the case right now, therefore let me get back to today's book!

I loved it. It's been quite long since I had a definite love triangle and though you could not call this a definite love triangle until the very end, still reading how Skye - that's our heroine - was in the middle of choosing between two polar opposites was really interesting to read about. Another thing was that I was reading this book in the summer and my nostalgia to ski came crashing back at me. I really miss the snow and the way Skye was describing skiing, it was so me. I always had the similar feeling of flying when I was skiing. However, let's leave my hobby to another time. Let's talk about the book. But now that I've said it, I have no idea what to tell you. I can't even find the words to continue my favourite: Are you ready fro sentence... But you know what, I'm going to try it.

Once again ignore me when I'm making absolutely no sense, Sorry, that it's becoming something like a norm over here. But let me this time get more into the world rather than characters. Therefore, without much ado according to Ms Davies in our world exists an order of Nature and its counterpart - Rebellion or for us we call if chaos. It's very similar in the "free will Aspect" to the Anges and Fallen angels from our Bible. But let's look more closely. As you would have guessed our love tangle is a struggle between these two fractions and  Skye is in the middle of it. LtEt me spoil you for your something. Though once you would have heard the legend, you should have guessed which boy was from which fraction. Asher is from Rebellion, could have fooled me there..., while Devin is from the Order. Now how we divide ourselves into teas, that's another story. Right now I still think even though the ending should have sent me straight to Tea,m Asher, I still have my doubts. How come? Let's think: Asher has always been a Rebel, nothing exciting there. However, Devin, on the other hand, has always been following rules. Thus it's interesting to see his metamorphosis into a Rebel. Therefore, I guess I really want Skye to end up with Devin once he comes to his senses. But I'll know that once I finish the series.

Until then, enjoy the first book and if you have already read the book share your thoughts with me in the comment section! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don't miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie 

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment