Friday 17 June 2016

Book Review: Seeress by Ednah Walters (Runes #3)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Seeress 

Author: Ednah Walters

Publication Date: April 2014

Publisher: Firetrail Publishing







Summary:


I love Torin St. James...
I need his strength…
But someone from his past wants me dead.


Raine Cooper is certain of two things: her love for Torin St. James and her destiny to be a powerful seeress. But when she starts having premonitions, they are unclear and disturbing. Worse, they involve Torin. With her mother gone, her father dying, and her best friend in Hel, she is not sure who to talk to.

But when the visions become more personal and she foresees her future with Torin threatened by someone from his past, Raine becomes desperate for answers. Just her luck two new students arrive at her school and they seem to have answers. When with them, her powers are enhanced and her visions become clear. There is only one problem: Torin forbids Raine to see the two girls.

Can their love survive without trust?


My Thoughts:


Have you been missing Runes series? I sure was. In essence this review should have been completed back in 2014 or at least early 2015. But that was the time stuff happened. Then came my read-your-started-books campaign, which again ignored this book, reason being I wanted to get all books so I didn’t have to hang on a cliff-hanger until the next one came out. However, right now (when I’m writing this review) I still need to get some of the books, but I just had the urge to read about Raine and Torin.

Because at least a solid year has passed between me reading the last book and ignoring this one, my memory was a bit hazy. And because I was too lazy to re-read 41% of the book I just went with whatever I could remember. Apparently after two or so chapters my memory cleared out.  Not completely but I remembered some major stuff! Oh, and if by any chance I will spoil some major events here I apologize beforehand. *sorry. So, if you are new to the series, well welcome to the north mythology world. It’s different but altogether fantastic and Ednah’s writing is as captivating as ever. But before checking out this book you could also check how everything started. I believe you can find the review for Runes, Immortals, Grimnirs on the blog.

This time we get to learn quite a lot about Torin’s past and you’ll surely be shocked by some of it. Raine will unleash her real powers and once again there’s going to be confrontation between her and the Norns. But the hags are getting trickier and trickier; and I really have an ominous feelings about their real motives. We’ll be finding out another grave secret about Raine’s family and of course Eirik is going to make an appearance. Will it be good or bad, that’s for you and I nearly returned to the whole I-hate-Eirik attitude. Are you ready to get to know more about Ragnarok? I sure hope you are as there will be some hints scattered around! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment