Thursday 6 February 2014

Book Review : Temptation by Fire by Tiffany Allee



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Temptation by Fire

Author:  Tiffany Allee

Publication Date:  December 30, 2013

Publisher:  Entangled Ignite







Summary:


Visions of death haunt her . . .

Ava Keller sees the future. When she suffers a horrifying vision of a man's violent death, she knows from experience nothing she does will stop it from becoming a reality. But when she meets a strong, broken man, he makes her want to believe in second chances.

Vengeance consumes him . . .

Tortured by his past, Karson has worked tirelessly to wreak vengeance on the demons who murdered his family. But when Ava inadvertently disrupts his intricate plan for revenge, his focus shifts to an all-consuming need to keep her alive and in his arms.

Love could save their souls . . .

Thrown together by fate, Ava and Karson explore their new feelings and discover hope for the future. But they must battle the demons threatening humanity to find a destiny worthy of their love.



My Thoughts:


Okay, first of all there are demons and demon hunters. Okay, there’s a very unique psychic woman, but who cares about that right now? Apparently me. This story is full of action, it is well written and sucks you into it from the beginning. Maybe in the beginning there’s a little confusion, but it evaporates after some chapters. And you are left with an amazing romance and breathtaking action scenes to live through. And no, I didn’t make a mistake there, I literally lived beside the characters in the book.

Meet Ava Keller, a psychic who can see future by touching you. She is quite a good character and I liked her, but as always she hates her gift and wants to get rid of it. I seriously don’t understand such characters, but maybe I don’t know how it is to have “a touch”. Everything changes for her when she meets Karson and sees his “friend’s” Thomas’s death. Karson is not your average human, he’s a demon hunter who has tattoos in demon blood, and Thomas is his next prey – a demon, who Karson wants to exorcise. But everything changes for him too when he meets Ava. They’re drown to each other, but will he overcome his need for vengeance to keep Ava safe? Karson is a very interesting character to read about, and he never disappoints. You can feel him inside out. Understand his desires and emotions.

The book doesn’t disappoint, it has amazing scenes and a betrayal which nearly made me fall from couch, because I never could have thought about that person. That’s what I call awesome writing and plot. But I would have loved to add a little intrigue about Ava’s powers. Something like she is part demon or something like that. How cool that could have been? I really hope you will consider grabbing this book, it was an amazing read for me. I liked every part of it, but well if there was that little intrigue I would have definitely given the book 5 mugs, but as I have already said it lacked intrigue.

I wish you all happy reading. Did you make up your mind? Then what are you doing here? Go, grab your copy now. Enjoy your read. And don’t forget to share your thoughts with us.

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment