Friday 30 October 2015

Book Review: Summer by Sierra Dean (Dog Days #4)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Summer 

Author: Sierra Dean 

Publication Date: June 30, 2015

Publisher: Self







Summary:



The thrilling conclusion to the Dog Days series!


Cooper Reynolds has been missing for months.

The whole town of Poisonfoot, Texas believes he has run away, proving they were right not to trust him. They believe he left like his brother and father before him: another good-for-nothing Reynolds man leaving the small town in his dust. No one is looking for him.

No one but Lou Whittaker. 

Lou knows Cooper was taken, she just doesn’t know where he is or how to get him back. With the help of budding witch, Max, and an unlikely ally in her former enemy Archer Wyatt, Lou is determined to find Cooper and bring him back in one piece.

But time is running out. Summer is upon them, and if they don’t find Cooper before his 18th birthday, they’ll be bringing home a wild animal instead of their beloved friend.


My Thoughts:


Hi, everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have the final book in Dog Days Series by Sierra Dean. I think it has been around a year when I received the first book – Autumn through netgalley. You can read the review on my blog as well as the next books in the series – Winter and Spring. I loved a lot the titles. They were perfectly fitting. But let me not talk longer about some miscellaneous things and focus on my thoughts about this book.

If you have been reading this series or were just following my reviews, you would know that the third book ended with a major cliffhanger: Cooper being kidnapped. Apologies o anyone who just heard about it. Therefore the story is now divided in two. And I loved it. We had on one side Lou’s story to hear how she was trying to harness her magic and find Cooper. And on another we had Cooper and Marnie being help by FBI. I remember I curled up in my chair because of Cooper’s and an agent’s talk. It was not all that amazing if we look at it straight, but the way they both insulted each other and Cooper was denied his human rights, because he was not really human was still fun. I couldn’t stop snickering.

Another thing that I loved but hated at the same time was that the book is too fast pace, I mean I got so engrossed into it tat I actually finished it in less than 2 hours. And I’m partly ill with a headache that eats away my brain cells. But as soon as I started reading Sumer, I forgot was ill, the only thing that mattered was finding out how the book would end. Will Cooper turn into a coyote or will Lou be able to break his curse! Will she? That’s for you to find out. As there will be a number of shocking events happening before everything is resolved. A number of lives will be sacrificed and an old witch will make her move. Yes, we’ll meet Morena in person! And trust me, she’s not all peachy. Well, would be if they put a curse on a family who was innocent and even after finding out the name of killer didn’t really care that they were running lives. That’s Morena for you. But I’m just scratching the surface here. You’ll find out her true nature once you read the book.

One thing that caught my attention was the issue with FBI. They never do appear as good guys in paranormal books, the only exception is Shadow Falls series, but here they were kind of stupid too. They made too many mistakes and if you ask me Cooper and Marnie were rescued a bit too easily. I would have loved to see a full action there, but well I got what I got. The ending is quite happy, I could even say too happy for some of the characters. I didn’t really like that Archer’s sacrifice was mentioned too quickly and Ariel is still alive is still alive, but she’ll end up in an anonymous alcoholic’s’ band soon enough. The woman got what she deserved!

I hope you are already scrolling up to click on the amazon button o get your copy of the book. If not yet, then enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

P.S. wait, what are you still doing here? Scroll up! The link to buy the book is up there!


P.S.S. you’re still here? I can’t believe it! Don’t you want to read an amazing conclusion to even more amazing series? That’s what I think! Happy reading!

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment