Tuesday 23 November 2021

Book Review: A Court of Silver and Flames by Sarah J Maas

A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)A ​Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 4 of 5 leaves

Honestly, I got into the series, around 3 years ago, when I was travelling and reading the first book while stopping at different book shops, but then I got all 3 books (actually 3.5 including the Novella), and 2 days later, I was finished, only to realise that I had to wait for 2 years (which later became 3) for the 4th book.

When I got to know that the book will be about Nesta, I had mixed feelings, hence I took my sweet time actually considering whether I wanted the book or not. Let's be honest, no one liked Nesta in the first 3 books (I'm pretty sure, some still don't like her after reading this book either!). But. anyway, September rolled in, and I got the book as a present, and started reading it straight away!

And honestly, I had mixed feeling for the 2/3 of the book: Do we hate her? The hell's with her? Can you try to be a bit more civil? Yes, I was asking all those questions to myself as well as to the book, hoping to get an answer. And I did at the end of the book. Which was both disappointing and not fully, one thing for sure, I can't wait for Azriel's story! and you know what? While I hated Nesta because she could have done something (and trust me she hates herself too), I realised that Elain is so much more unappealing. Girl! get your shit together, do you want Lucien? Do. you want Azriel? Like choose, coz, you know? We (as in all the readers), will gladly take them, (maybe even both at the same time *wink).

Well, then let's get back to Nesta. Now... How do I explain it, the book was just angst, and I've seen it in one of my Facebook book clubs, and I'll repeat this here as well, honestly, Nesta doesn't deserve Cassian (prove me wrong). Yes, she's damaged, (who isn't in that book?), but for hell's sake, get your shit together!

I threw the book across the room so many times (and yes, usually I can't do that I do value my iPad). But her stupidity and pride were annoying. She was both a relatable and completely unrelatable character.

But Cassian made the book soo much better. Though he did have some annoying moments as well! But all's forgiven in the name of love lust.

So, if you're like me, wondering whether or not to get your copy, do get it, you'll cry (a bit), shout (a lot), throw the book (do be gentle with your e-reader if you're using an e-copy), but at the end of the day, you'll love it (at least for Fayre and Rhys (he's such an asshole in some parts though... but I promised I won't spoil (though provided you follow any of the booktokers or other blogs, you'd have been spoiled at least 100 times now)).

Get ready for some high levels of angst, and smut that will make your toes curl. Because some scenes, are just mouthwatering and you just wish, you were in Nesta's place.

XOXO

Katie


View all my reviews
 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment