Thursday 20 July 2017

Book Review: Crossed by Ally Condie (Matched #2)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Crossed

Author: Ally Condie 

Publication Date: 12 March 2013

Publisher: Speak







Summary:


The Society chooses everything. 

The books you read. 
The music you listen to. 
The person you love. 

Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him. 

And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to the wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope.

But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems...

A rebellion is rising.

And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything.


My Thoughts:


Even though the review for Matched (the first book in the series) has gone live on my blog in March 2016, in reality, it took me around 4 months to get to the book and actually read it. Not because I wasn't interested in it, it's just that I always find something else to read. I'm serious I have around 10 series that I have to finish and that's only me skimming my library, without getting too deep into it. But enough with my reading problems and let's focus on the book. 

If I'm not mistaken the second book is different from the first one in the narration tone. This time we have both Cassia and Ky tell us their stories. I was actually glad for that, it opened up a lot of the characters. And we truly get t know Ky, with his strengths as well as insecurities about himself. And why's that? We get a glimpse into his past as well as see him in different situations. We are bombarded with a lot of information, but not a lot of time to actually sort t out. As the book ends and we have no other choice but to throw ourselves into the last on to get all the answers. 

Are you ready to see what is Cassia capable of doing in order to reach the one she loves? But what if while she is on the journey she finds another reason to fight against the society? yes, in every society there's a rebellion, but is this rebellion all that different from the society itself? I'm pretty sure this book was aimed to show us the society from a different angle as well as give us insight into Cassia's, Ky's and even Xander's personalities. it's true Xander doesn't appear all that often, but just the mention of his name gives me some sense of foreboding. And my senses never lie. 

Are you ready to test your limits and dive into the unknown? Get a first-hand experience of what it means to be an Aberration and an Anomaly. And lastly will you have enough willpower to join the rebellion, or would you want to live your life like t doesn't affect you? All the roads lead back to the central, just answer the question. Are you brave enough to board the airship?

I hope you'll find some time to read this sequel to Matched trilogy, you might think that it lacked something, but trust me, once you think about it, you'll notice that there was more than enough information and everything was going at the right pace! Enjoy it to your fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don't miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment