Sunday 6 December 2015

Mini Book Review: My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers #0.5)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: My Soul to Lose 

Author: Rachel Vincent

Publication Date: 1 July 2009

Publisher: Halrequin Teen







Summary:


It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....

"An eBook exclusive prequel to Rachel Vincent's SOUL SCREAMERS series."



My Thoughts:


Hi, and welcome back to Katie's Corner! yes, it's a mini book review and I'll be having this feature alive for the next 2-3 months hopefully. if you have been reading my blog, you know that I started covering Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series. and you can read the review for the first book - My soul to Take on the blog. 

I wasn't sure if I should have first read the prequel or the actual book, and knowing me, when I read the prequel first I get too much information and I am not impressed with the actual book. However, with this one even if you read it before the first book it won't spoil anything, it will heighten the intrigue and you'll just want to start the series faster. 

This really is a great prequel and it leaves a really big secret, which I don't have the answer for yet - What the hell is Lydia? are you up to relieve the day that sent Kaylee into the mental institution? you should be as Kaylee is really awesome with her comebacks to the doctors questions!

Enjoy it to its fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below! stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. don't miss your next favourite book or manga! happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment