Thursday 29 October 2015

Manga Review: Perfect Chick! by Nagamu Nanaji




Title: Perfect Chick!
Original Title: Parfait Tic!
Author: Nagamu Nanaji
Artist: Nagamu Nanaji

Year of Release: 2000
Genres: Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Status: Completed 
Chapters (Translated in English): 150

Volumes & Chapters: 22 Volumes in total



Summary


Fuuko is a happy and cheerful girl. One day, two cousins, Daiya and Ichi, move into the apartment upstairs. Cold Ichi and mischievous Daiya gave a very bad first impression! All three are going to the same school as well! How will Fuuko's high school life turn out?

My Thoughts


Review covers 150 chapters 

Hi, guys and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I’m covering a work that pissed me off a lot. In the beginning I even wanted to drop reading it, that was around volume 8 or 9, but my curiosity just didn’t let me do it. Near volume 14, I was just praying that Fuuko would find a love interest totally different than Daiya and Ichi, I really did believe she would choose some weird, random guy. But no, the author just kept going back and forth between those two. And in the end she didn’t choose the guy that I wanted to choose.

Let me keep this brief, because if I start voicing everything that drove me near the insanity there will be 22 volumes of that. Meet our characters – Fuuko – a girl who loves weird hairstyles and kids, Daiya – a very frivolous guy and his cousin Ichi a very composed one. I normally have fun while reading a love triangle, because I’m just making fun of everyone, here I was so frustrated and annoyed that I even forgot to have fun. How could you keep going between two guys before for 150 chapters? That’s freaking insane. And even when we do get a solid couple we do not really see them do anything couple like, they have quarrels and are near breaking up point every time. Annoying doesn’t really express it.

Another thing is art style. I was quite used to her art style, but it appears to be the author’s very first work, many in the very beginning I had lots of problems with the art. Though after reading and getting annoyed with plot, the art didn’t really matter, it does get better in the middle. So if you do read up to that point and not get annoyed you might even like it. Hmm… what else, ah, I did promise you that this review will be brief. Well, I didn’t really enjoy it all that much, though I read it to the end and even gave it 3 stars, but I was debating whether I should give it less, but then, I remembered that not everything was all that bad. The story has its ups and downs. There are a lot of moments, which I did like, and laughed wholeheartedly. So, do not base your opinion solely on my review. Try reading the story for yourself; maybe you’ll love it a lot. That’s your choice and your opinion.

Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favorite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment