Thursday 19 December 2013

Review : Sentinel by Jennifer, L. Atmentrout (Covenant #5)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Sentinel

Author:  Jennifer, L. Armentrout

Publication Date:  2 November, 2013

Publisher:  Spencer Hill Press







Summary:


 It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.


My Thoughts:


Truth? I actually didn’t like the blurb of the first book when I started it back in May or June. But then my friend recommended this series so many times that I said: Okay I’ll try it. Thinking there are only 4 books I got all of them, well actually there are 2 short stories too, but that’s not the point. When I finished the first book, I was astonished and I did really read the other books in 3 days or so. And then at the end of Apollyon, I get: to be continued. I was like: What??? So I went to Goodreads page and find that there is about 6 more months since the book is released. And well I was doomed…

I actually got the book in one week since its release date, and read it immediately, but somehow, I had no time to write a review or to say the truth I had too much to do. But that’s not the point. I loved the series and it hurt to say goodbye to my favourite characters. But I don’t need to, well there will be a spin-off in 2015 from Seth’s point of view, so I’m actually very happy. I liked that the book ended not all happily, there are things to do like catch a Titan of war maybe? How he got released in the first place? That’s a long story and to know the answer just grab your copy now. And well there was an issue of Alex being pregnant, well I don’t think she will ever be, why? That’s also a long story and involves gods and Seth. But Seth is not a bad guy there!!! He was redeemed. For me he was always awesome and I know he would come to his senses sooner or later. He didn’t disappoint me.

The book is an amazing ending to Alex’s and Aiden’s story. I wouldn’t have wanted less. And even if there wasn’t a spin-off I wouldn’t be disappointed. The book needs some loose ends, some unanswered questions and some space for our imagination to build our own end of the story. I don’t know about you but I’m going to re-read the book in the future, because when you read the book for the first time you miss something, and well, I hope you’ll all get to know Jennifer’s amazing characters, who never disappointed me, were they villains or heroes.


Happy Reading!!! Enjoy the book and don’t forget to tell me what you thought about the book!!! X-mas is nearly here, what are the plans for holidays? JJJ


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment