Thursday 10 August 2017

Book Review: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer (Between the Lines #1)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Between the Lines

Author: Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer
Publication Date: 26 June 2012

Publisher: Simon Pulse Simon Shuster







Summary:



Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.
And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.
A romantic and charming story, this companion novel to Off the Page will make every reader believe in the fantastical power of fairy tales.


My Thoughts:


I remember this book was a really famous when it first came out in the market. However, it took me a long time to get the book and to say the truth, I do not really remember getting it. It was summer 2016 when I had tons of reviews to write, but I just couldn't not start another book, and because I didn't want to continue a series that I was reading or start a new one I was roaming through my iBooks library when I found this book staring at me, taunting me to swipe my finger and ignore it. And as you can see I couldn't ignore it...

Did I like the book? Yes, I did, however, let me be honest, if I read it 4 years ago I would have liked it more. Guess, I'm growing up, though it doesn't seem like it. anyway, the character is surely one I envy. If I or any of my friends could drag a character out of the book, there would have been a total chaos, but then my dad wouldn't have to worry me staying boyfriendless. *laughs. Ignore all that. , let me briefly explain what you're going to be seeing. *Intermission* Do you remember that horror movie, the Ring? it was also adapted as a comedy parody in Scary Movie 3. Yup, that girl who was crawling out of TV. I remember there were many jokes in the anime forums such asthis:



So, if you were one of us, you'll love and hate the book. How come? our protagonist Delilah just made our dreams come true. She both visited the fictional world and also brought her prince charming back!

However, and that's what made me think about the whole thing is the issue of Edgar. I got that he was not a big fun of his life, but think about it. He sacrificed everything for the very thing he despised the most. But that's for you to read and find out what has actually happened. The only thing I can say is that I was expecting something different from the book. The idea is surely fantastic, however, it wasn't developed as I would have liked it to develop. But if you have yet to read the book, enjoy it to your fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don't miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment